IGNORED

Limtied Edition Red Wii's Gone?!?!

GrizzLee

I noticed before Christmas, that Red Wii's could be had everywhere. Now all I see is the Black and White Wii's. Not complaining, as I bought a red one. But I find this a bit curious.

I also notice that the Limited editon of Mario is also gone in the stores I've checked as well. Again, I've got a copy, but I am curious. It seems that maybe the phrase "Limited Edition" may actually have some meaning again. Glad to see it.

Now if I could get folks to quite using the term "MINT" when desicribing the condition of their items. It is misleading and shows ignorance on the part of the owner.

-GrizzLee

Edited by GrizzLee

banned in US because of red dye

ROFL icon_lol.gif as I recall M&M's packs with no red ones.

Hillarious....I remember that too. I thought it was such a big deal when they finally started selling packages with red ones.

Anyway, regarding the comment of using 'mint' when describing things, do you mean because people use the term indiscriminately or because it should never be used? I don't think it's ignorant to say something is mint (used in the context of common vernacular) if it's true.

From what I understand, they were truly limited. I heard someone asking about them at Best Buy earlier this month, and she told the customer that they were sold out and wouldn't be receiving anymore. She told him he might could try checking around at some of the other stores in the area that might possibly have some left, but as far as she knew, they were out of production.

From what I understand, they were truly limited. I heard someone asking about them at Best Buy earlier this month, and she told the customer that they were sold out and wouldn't be receiving anymore. She told him he might could try checking around at some of the other stores in the area that might possibly have some left, but as far as she knew, they were out of production.

I will confirm this today. I am going to visit Nintendo's customer support center here today. I want to get a matching red Wiimote if I can. So far customer support has said no. But if I visit in person... who knows... in the past they've been great to deal with. At least Nintendo still has a local support center here in Wa state and not some phone center in India where I can meet them face-to-face.

-GrizzLee

Edited by GrizzLee

I will confirm this today. I am going to visit Nintendo's customer support center here today. I want to get a matching red Wiimote if I can. So far customer support has said no. But if I visit in person... who knows... in the past they've been great to deal with. At least Nintendo still has a local support center here in Wa state and not some phone center in India where I can meet them face-to-face.

-GrizzLee

If you can get a red Wii controller you gotta let me know... I'd love to snag a second one to have a matching set. I know Play-Asia sells them but I don't want the markup. :P

-GrizzLee

If you can get a red Wii controller you gotta let me know... I'd love to snag a second one to have a matching set. I know Play-Asia sells them but I don't want the markup. :P

OKIE DOKIE....

I visited the Nintendo repair center on Friday in Kirkland, Wa. They told me that they don't have Red controllers nor do they currently plan to sell them :-( The employees there are also looking for Red Wiimotes.

Off to Play Asia I guess.

On another note, they did mention that the Red Wii's were limited and currently, there are no plans to make more.

Soooo..

If you want one, I guess now is the time to snag one if they are available anywhere. All my local retailers are out of stock on them.

I am not sure how desirable/collectable they will be in the future. I like mine.

-GrizzLee

Edited by GrizzLee

I haven't seen a Red Wii or Super Mario Anniversary Collection in any store (Walmart, Best Buy, Target, Kmart, hhGregg, etc) since before Christmas.

Rumor on several websites last week reported that Nintendo is considering another run of Super Mario Anniversary disks but nothing was hinted at about more Red Wii's or Red Accessories.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

• 3 months later...

Just noticed that Amazon is once again selling the Limited Edition Red Wii; still priced at $199. If you are interested in purchasing one I might suggest you hurry and grab one of these as I doubt these will be available for long.

LINK

Mendon