IGNORED

What are reputation points?

Scootiecat

Scootiecat, there is a place in your profile where you can set your Location. As far as "D'oh level", that's a custom ranking that I think only subscribers, moderators, and possibly people with 5000 or more posts can change. Otherwise, your ranking description (below the row of joystick icons) is pre-programmed, depending on how many posts you have. However, at the top of some members' profiles is a Custom Status message (such as my "Syzygyst") that you can also set in your profile.

P.S. on my screen all that profile info appears to the left of each post. Are you mixed up, or is your display different for some reason?

I must be completely blind, because I have searched and searched all the member profile stuff and I don't see anywhere to set my location. Screenshot?

• Like 1

Scootiecat, there is a place in your profile where you can set your Location. As far as "D'oh level", that's a custom ranking that I think only subscribers, moderators, and possibly people with 5000 or more posts can change. Otherwise, your ranking description (below the row of joystick icons) is pre-programmed, depending on how many posts you have. However, at the top of some members' profiles is a Custom Status message (such as my "Syzygyst") that you can also set in your profile.

P.S. on my screen all that profile info appears to the left of each post. Are you mixed up, or is your display different for some reason?

I must be completely blind, because I have searched and searched all the member profile stuff and I don't see anywhere to set my location. Screenshot?

It's right below "Gender" in you profile (see attached).

-B

post-27802-129506701405_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

-B

I don't have that page. Mine is completely different. I notice that you are a Subscriber. That's probably why you have it and I don't.

• Like 1

-B

I don't have that page. Mine is completely different. I notice that you are a Subscriber. That's probably why you have it and I don't.

When viewing your profile there's a button on the right hand side with a little 2600 Pac-Man in it that says "Edit My Profile" Click that and it will get you to the page where you can edit your location.

gallery_25336_460_269183.jpg

I set my location before becoming a subscriber so you should also see this page.

• Like 2

When viewing your profile there's a button on the right hand side with a little 2600 Pac-Man in it that says "Edit My Profile" Click that and it will get you to the page where you can edit your location.

Or they could click on this link and see what happens:

Edit My Profile

• Like 4

Edit My Profile

Yes but it would be good to learn how to navigate around to see where everything is.

• Like 1

Edit My Profile

Sounds dangerous to me.

• Like 1

-B

I'm not a subscriber and I have it.

• Like 1

I have everything there but the location.

And there's nothing for location on the page you linked to Random Terrain.

Maybe it takes more posts before it's activated? I see what Brian O posted. I know I wasn't always able to change my Custom Status, but I can't remember if Location was ever blocked before making enough posts to be 'part of the community.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOUvNUpPlT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOUvNUpPlT4&rel=0&fmt=35&showinfo=0

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this is the right place to post this... What are reputation points and are they good or bad? I'm asking because I got one and I don't know why.

I was wanting to know the same thing and I found this:

How does "Reputation" work?

Maybe it takes more posts before it's activated? I see what Brian O posted. I know I wasn't always able to change my Custom Status, but I can't remember if Location was ever blocked before making enough posts to be 'part of the community.'

I have "Custom Status" and "Location" options on my Change Profile Information page and I haven't made very many posts.

• Like 1