IGNORED

Sunrise Games For Sale

jblenkle

I think the fact that several of us received Gold Labels and instructions in Silver boxes settles the "which can first"

My theory Sunrise made the Yellow boxes, gold labels and yellow booklets first. They ran out of or changed over to the Silver boxes and used up their remaining inventory of gold cart labels and yellow booklets. When the gold labels and yellow booklets where all used up, they started making the labels silver. I have seen a lot of silver label Sunrise games on Ebay.

I think the fact that several of us received Gold Labels and instructions in Silver boxes settles the "which can first"

My theory Sunrise made the Yellow boxes, gold labels and yellow booklets first. They ran out of or changed over to the Silver boxes and used up their remaining inventory of gold cart labels and yellow booklets. When the gold labels and yellow booklets where all used up, they started making the labels silver. I have seen a lot of silver label Sunrise games on Ebay.

I have only personally ever seen silver label versions of Mountain King, and of the gold label releases, Quest for Quintana Roo.

I would like to have verification (i.e., pictures) of silver label versions of Campaign '84, Gust Buster, and Rolloverture. Why? Because if silver label carts exist for them (and different manuals as well), I would like to match up complete "silver and silver" (box and cart) sets.

Now, if silver label versions of Campaign '84, Gust Buster, and Rolloverture don't exist, I will have an outstanding question about this Italian deal resolved.

Silver labels exist for all Sunrise Releases, manuals as well

Pictures please.

I'll try to post pics soon ;)

Also, note that the silver label used different cartridge cases than the Yellow (Gold) release

The Yellow (Gold) release use regular Coleco cartridge cases

While...

The Silver release use Sierra type cartridge cases

The label for the Silver release use very short cart label, wich lead me to think they used those very same label for more than one system

Edited by retroillucid

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like I have been ripped off to some degree.

When I went into this joint venture for the silver box releases of Sunrise games, already owning the titles in their yellow box versions, I assumed that there would be silver label carts and matching manuals inside the boxes. The shoddiness of Sunrise's quality control aside, as a collector I now have 3 mismatched titles, at least as far as people are telling me (and I have yet to see any pictures). Ozma Wars is finding the time to responding to other questions and now even list games for sale on eBay, yet the issue of whether or not silver label versions exist for Campaign '84, Gust Buster, and Rolloverture is unresolved. Why is it so difficult to get this question settled?

yet the issue of whether or not silver label versions exist for Campaign '84, Gust Buster, and Rolloverture is unresolved. Why is it so difficult to get this question settled?

Well, look at it this way:

If someone out there owns/finds silver-label editions of those three games, and can post pictures of them, then your question will be answered and the issue will be closed.

But what if they can't be found? Can you expect anyone here to be so bold as to say "I am 100% sure that they do not exist because I personally could not find them after searching for them on the net for an hour"? Only a devoted ColecoVision collector who has made it a point to track down every release variation over the last decade will be able to answer your question with as close to 100% certainty as possible, because the guy will have religiously kept an eye on eBay and other places to find such label variations. If such a hardcore collector couldn't find them in the last few years, then there's a good chance they don't exist.

I'm a ColecoVision collector, but not to the point of caring about variations. I own yellow-box and silver-box editions of the Sunrise games, and I don't care what label color the carts are inside the box. I honestly don't expect that you will find many people here who do care (although I know there are a certain number of them).

I know one guy who could possibly answer your question: mumbai. That's the guy I would ask if I had a CV label variation question. Perhaps mumbai could post his educated opinion here?

Edited by Pixelboy
  • Like 2

Well, After checking Sunrise games here's what I can confirm at 100%

Quest for Quintana Roo does exist in Silver label edition , the label is the same as the Atari2600 release

As for Roloverture, Gust Buster and Campaign 84 , there's no proof that they exist in Silver label form, at least I don't have them in my archive

Sunrise used gold label in MANY silver release, as well as the "yellow" manuals

I will take some pictures of my silver boxed Gust Buster and Campaign 84 when I get home. I am pretty sure they had silver label carts but I don't remember. I have never seen a Rolloverture in a silver variation.

I am a hardcore collector that has tried to get every CIB that I could find and only have like 9 left to get with almost every homebrew accounted for as well.

However I just got my colecovision Referbished at the end of 2009 so I have only been hardcore collecting since then. So even though I have searched high and low for things and know a lot, I definitely can not state for sure that there is no Rolloverture silver box. I also have never seen a yellow variation of Mountain King but that does not mean it does not exist somewhere.

Dan

Edited by ColecoDan

When I went into this joint venture for the silver box releases of Sunrise games, already owning the titles in their yellow box versions, I assumed that there would be silver label carts and matching manuals inside the boxes. The shoddiness of Sunrise's quality control aside, as a collector I now have 3 mismatched titles, at least as far as people are telling me (and I have yet to see any pictures). Ozma Wars is finding the time to responding to other questions and now even list games for sale on eBay, yet the issue of whether or not silver label versions exist for Campaign '84, Gust Buster, and Rolloverture is unresolved. Why is it so difficult to get this question settled?

simple

have no time for that

boxes are in my company warehouse out of the town. If sell some will ask people there to dispatch directly.

simple

have no time for that

boxes are in my company warehouse out of the town. If sell some will ask people there to dispatch directly.

That is not what I call good customer service.

I was going to take a picture of my silver boxed gust buster and campaign 84 and both cart labels are gold. I guess I just assumed they were like Quest for Quintana Roo and that the label would be silver. I would say what you got must be the standard and they only changed the color of the boxes for some reason.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>> That is not what I call good customer service.

Come on give the guy a break, he is not walmart with a fleet of people to do your bidding. This is not his job. He sold something on the side and everyone has answered your questions already even though you still demand that he send you pictures to what verify what everyone has already helped you with and gave you information.

• Like 4

I was going to take a picture of my silver boxed gust buster and campaign 84 and both cart labels are gold. I guess I just assumed they were like Quest for Quintana Roo and that the label would be silver. I would say what you got must be the standard and they only changed the color of the boxes for some reason.

Come on give the guy a break, he is not walmart with a fleet of people to do your bidding. This is not his job. He sold something on the side and everyone has answered your questions already even though you still demand that he send you pictures to what verify what everyone has already helped you with and gave you information.

There is a lot of conflicting information about the existence, or not, of certain silver label carts (and perhaps b&w manuals). I went ahead and took pictures of what I own. Maybe that will motivate other people to contribute something if they have something different.

post-5874-0-78463200-1302622848_thumb.jpg

post-5874-0-06544400-1302622853_thumb.jpg

post-5874-0-93401200-1302622844_thumb.jpg

Zwackery,

All the whining about Silver Carts is getting beyond ridiculous! Pixelboy went out of his freaking way to help people get the 5 Silver box NOS Sunrise releases, lost money on shipping games from Italy to Canada, processed a bunch of orders for people, went to the trouble of packing games carefully and it's still not enough for you!

If this wasn't a friendly forum I really think people would be telling you to STFU. I know I have considered it.

Huge +1s for Pixelboys, tactful responses and ColecoDan finally laying it out for you.

Edited by Yurkie
  • Like 1

Zwackery,

All the whining about Silver Carts is getting beyond ridiculous! Pixelboy went out of his freaking way to help people get the 5 Silver box NOS Sunrise releases, lost money on shipping games from Italy to Canada, processed a bunch of orders for people, went to the trouble of packing games carefully and it's still not enough for you!

If this wasn't a friendly forum I really think people would be telling you to STFU. I know I have considered it.

Huge +1s for Pixelboys, tactful responses and ColecoDan finally laying it out for you.

Anybody who doesn't like this shit can put me on ignore.

And I've certainly entertained throwing around a few STFUs myself.

How damned hard is it to get an answer to the existence or not of silver label Campaign '84, Gust Buster, and Rolloverture carts? Crom's balls.