IGNORED

Colour settings, your preferences ?

Mclaneinc

Hi Altirra using folk, now that Altirra (1.9 beta 8 ) has the ability to save colour settings for PAL and NTSC separately I wonder if folks might want to post compared to their real hardware altirra settings that match for both PAL and NTSC.

This is an extension of a post by Sal, my problem is that I always seem to remember the colours being more vibrant on my hardware but as I cannot recreate what I seem to remember myself I was kind of hoping to get a sample of settings from both regions looking at their own real hardware that will give an average of sorts.

There is the chance however that the presets in Altirra are spot on and my memory is being rose tinted since I have no real hardware left myself.

Anyone?

Btw, link to the new beta

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-1.9-test8.zip

Edited by Mclaneinc

I'm not sure about Altirra yet, since I've only just begun to use it. But I have a pic of my preferred palette for A800W+.

It just augments a little to what I had on the original, and corrects a few things I found bothersome. There is a palette I like better, but that would stretch far beyond the limits of the hardware.

post-25679-129549522648_thumb.png

The New Altirra Does Seem to be different.

Here are the new Settings I used. They Seem to Work Well With NTSC.

=)

EDIT:

In made an Error in the last picture.

Here is the correction

You must make sure to go into PAL Mode and Check the "Use PAL Quirks" Box and leave it checked for NTSC.

Here are Separate Palettes For Both.

Seems to work Well.

I Edited My Last Post For the NTSC Palette.

Both are posted Here.

PAL:

I'm struck by the difference between this and the usual PAL-Palettes such as OliverPAL. Example, this is 221b Bakerstreet again:

Obviously, the adjusted left one is much more fitting for the game, but are differences in that degree normally observed in Atari machines?

post-25246-129556125765_thumb.png

post-25246-129556126361_thumb.png

Edited by Gatherer of Data

Here are Separate Palettes For Both.

Seems to work Well.

I Edited My Last Post For the NTSC Palette.

Both are posted Here.

PAL:

I'm struck by the difference between this and the usual PAL-Palettes such as OliverPAL. Example, this is 221b Bakerstreet again:

Obviously, the adjusted left one is much more fitting for the game, but are differences in that degree normally observed in Atari machines?

I Think Phaeron is using the Palettes that have been used in Emulators in the past.

I don't think That There are differences to that large of a degree in the real machines, But Emulators have never been that close to the real thing and Altirra is the first Emulator to give User Controls for precise adjustments of the palette.

I wish there was a way to save my palette settings to an External File so I could Upload them for someone else to use.

• 2 months later...