IGNORED

Ms. Pacman Fixed !

Marius

Hi

In the HSC forum we are now playing ms. Pacman.

Unfortunately the file version did not have a PAUSE feature. My pause feature might even be a bit 'better' compared to the original. Mine let you also PAUSE in a blinking end-maze-screen. So you can take a picture of that :D

Some people also would like to be able to start with FIRE on the joystick.

I did put these two features in the Ms. Pacman file version.

The existing GREEN cherry, strawberry and apple are fixed too. Not by me... but by Kr0tki, also an AA member.

Have fun with this 'fixed' Ms. Pacman.

Greetz

M.

• Like 2

Very nice work. I can't believe we've gone all this time without a proper Ms. Pac-Man file. Nice work on Pole Position too. It makes me wonder what other titles will turn up incomplete or improper in the future. I'm pretty sure there is still not a good file version of Jungle Hunt (all I've found have sound issues on the boulders screen (part III)).

Very nice work. I can't believe we've gone all this time without a proper Ms. Pac-Man file. Nice work on Pole Position too. It makes me wonder what other titles will turn up incomplete or improper in the future. I'm pretty sure there is still not a good file version of Jungle Hunt (all I've found have sound issues on the boulders screen (part III)).

Thank you all for your kind words.

@Fres

Yeah. I'm really a Ms. Pacman lover, but never felt the need to improve the game. Now I thought: why not... pole position was cool to do, so now it wastime for an update of Ms. Pacman. I hope you don't mind I put the fire=start feature in, since that is NOT like the original. But I agree with some other people it is a real nice feature.

I have to admit (blush) I NEVER played Jungle Hunt. Is it nice?

I can always take a look at it, if you like... but for now I have had my share of programming. It is fun, but it makes me really tired too.

Perhaps in the (near) future. Is it hard to get in Part III? Can you create Atari 800 emulator State file of it, so I can start immediately at Stage III? And can you send me the file you are using?

Thanks

Marius

Sure. The attached xex is the file I've been using, although I've tried others as well, and they all seem to have the sound issue. The state was saved right at the end of part II, so III (boulders) will start within a second or two.

Interestingly enough, someone a couple of years ago hacked Jungle Hunt to look like the arcade game Pirate Pete and even IT has the sound issues. Very nice hack, though.

see this thread if interested: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/84570-jungle-king/page__hl__pirate%20pete__st__25

jungle_stuff.zip

hey guys, heres a couple of games that are fixed, a colour version of DROL (the ones on the net have corrupt end animation/graphics) and an eglish hack of NADRAL (havent seen this online either) i converted them from my original floppys (25 years old and they still work!!) hope these are of use, enjoy!, tim.

games.zip

hey guys, heres a couple of games that are fixed, a colour version of DROL (the ones on the net have corrupt end animation/graphics) and an eglish hack of NADRAL (havent seen this online either) i converted them from my original floppys (25 years old and they still work!!) hope these are of use, enjoy!, tim.

Does this version of Drol save the high scores and not just lock up when you get one as you cannot enter your name:?: :!:

Cool. Thanks. I had not seen either of these before. I looked into translating Nadral some years ago, but never really got started. What a bizarre game. I wonder if the digitized speech could be translated as well. Drol is a lot of fun too. Not having to rely on artifacting for color will be nice.

Hi

In the HSC forum we are now playing ms. Pacman.

Unfortunately the file version did not have a PAUSE feature. My pause feature might even be a bit 'better' compared to the original. Mine let you also PAUSE in a blinking end-maze-screen. So you can take a picture of that :D

Some people also would like to be able to start with FIRE on the joystick.

I did put these two features in the Ms. Pacman file version.

The existing GREEN cherry, strawberry and apple are fixed too. Not by me... but by Kr0tki, also an AA member.

Have fun with this 'fixed' Ms. Pacman.

Greetz

M.

Anyway to combine it with the ms-pacman hack floating around with more arcade like sound?

Anyway to combine it with the ms-pacman hack floating around with more arcade like sound?

Do you have that hacked version for me please? I could take a look at it. It is probably easier (for me) to do my fixes on THAT version, than implenting the arcade sound in the version I just edited.

Greetz

M.

Do you have that hacked version for me please? I could take a look at it. It is probably easier (for me) to do my fixes on THAT version, than implenting the arcade sound in the version I just edited.

Greetz

M.

I updated the sounds in the 5200 version. It can be found in the 5200 Hacks area. I don't recall anything being done with the 400/800 version though.

Perry

That's cruel :!:

If anyone wants to take part in the High Score Club this season now's a good time to start as we're on the first game for 2 weeks :)

Checkout the beginners guide for details, links below and at the top of this forum!

might taste better then those dots... i heard pac-man went into rehab because he had an issue with eating power pellets...

my HSC for Ms. PacMan so far is in the 15k range... i am too embarassed to even post it there ;'D

sloopy.

Edited by sloopy

AHA are you dutch ?

I have checked my real atari floppy's and all so have make atr's of it :) i have allso boot disk from drol and the same colours :) like yours :)

Maybe it is the same version i checked m boese or something low hi scores ;) i have lvl3 2900 but can't enter a name :(

AHA are you dutch ?

I have checked my real atari floppy's and all so have make atr's of it :) i have allso boot disk from drol and the same colours :) like yours :)

Maybe it is the same version i checked m boese or something low hi scores ;) i have lvl3 2900 but can't enter a name :(

regards marcokitt2000, im british, and i doubt if your version is exactly the same as mine (if it is and has no corruptions then its a younger copy than the one i have), by the time i got my colour copy of drol it had corrupt graphics on the end animation so i used a sector copier and overwrote the corrupt tracks using the working black and white version as source, so as far as i know this copy was not spread, (saying that a few years back on some archive sites i discovered a game i hacked and a basic game i wrote, so its possible i gave my version of drol to the person (havent a clue who it was!) who spread those... (also i seem to remember that some versions of drol needed a tranlator disk loaded first for the high score to work) ive been playing my copy using a 130xe and sio2sd - sofar i cant get my name up to test its functionality...(i cant remember using translator on this version though) - if anybody who downloaded this one gets their name up, let me know if it works ok....

Greetz

M.

I updated the sounds in the 5200 version. It can be found in the 5200 Hacks area. I don't recall anything being done with the 400/800 version though.

Perry

What really needs fixing in Ms. Pacman are: (1) controls in quick turning as there's a round-off error. It's different from pac-man which is much better in controls, (2) delay effect in pause and controls, (3) file version has garbage show up on the screen sometimes, and (4) flickering monsters (better sprite multiplexor).