IGNORED

Anyone switch over to flash carts

** This is not the thread to discuss legal ramifications**

Just curious if anyone has done it or considered it? I'm not talking "I have a Harmony cart and my games are in a closet" I'm talking "I have a PowerPak so I sold all my NES games except for what doesn't run on the PowerPak".

Discuss.

I admit, since I've slowly acquired a few, my collecting interest in any system has dropped to zero. :(. Gaming has increased a ton though. (I never heard of Space Megaforce for SNES, what a fun shooter!) My 2600 and 7800 stuff is here to stay but I've let a bunch of my NES games go. I just don't have the space to collect for 13+ systems.. The AVGN has a great setup, but that would be my entire basement, lol.

I haven't. But I can see someday doing it for the NES, SNES, Genesis, and later systems. I just don't have the room to store very many of those carts, since my main interest lies in the pre-crash consoles. For the earlier systems, I plan to keep playing on real hardware using CIB carts for as long as possible (until working hardware is no longer available at any sort of reasonable price). Then I'll probably switch to emulation. If I live that long. ;)

I admit, since I've slowly acquired a few, my collecting interest in any system has dropped to zero. :(. Gaming has increased a ton though. (I never heard of Space Megaforce for SNES, what a fun shooter!) My 2600 and 7800 stuff is here to stay but I've let a bunch of my NES games go. I just don't have the space to collect for 13+ systems.. The AVGN has a great setup, but that would be my entire basement, lol.

That's exactly how I feel.

I do have a Harmony cart, but I am keeping that collection. The rest did sell though, because I don't care quite as much about the Genesis or the NES. I just don't have the room, and when it comes to priorities, Atari 2600 stays.

I use them since buying alot of MSX games I want to play = #@@#**&$! Expensive.

That's the same problem I face with the MSX as well. Almost everything MSX-related on eBay is overpriced and I'm not paying over $200 just for a loose Aleste cart.

Anyway, I own a Mega-Cart for my VIC-20 and a Powerpak for my NES. I'm very pleased with the Mega-Cart and I don't feel like collecting VIC carts anymore, now that I have it. The Powerpak is used as a supplement for my NES/Famicom collection, and I use it for both trying out games I might be interested in and playing ROM hacks.

YES, I do not have enough space even for my current console hardware so I had to sacrifice somewhere. I have a Harmony Cart and Atarimax Colecovision and plan on getting the Atarimax 5200 SD, any single carts I have for those systems will be traded/sold/donated and I will do this for as many systems as possible as time progresses. I am more of a hardware person, I like playing on original system mostly with original controller but I have no time, patience, $$$ or enjoyment from tracking down individual carts and storing them. This choice is certainly NOT for everyone or even most people but it is for me and I am thankful for the option.