IGNORED

JagCD CD Protection

LinkoVitch

hi !

Remember the thread about 8bit cartridges ?

just get the CD-bypass binary, put the universal encryption header in front of it, change the 4 bytes @ $400 to $01010101 ('or was it $00000000 ? find the thread ;) )

burn it to a new 27c020 if your jag-cd eprom is soldered or if it's just on a socket, erase it and burn the binary in it...

re-boot...;)

a few people have done it, but seems to keep that secret ... hum...

;)

that's what i have supposed, so i keep the original eprom to make an "eprom switcher" to go back to original, but i have tried it with an CDDA and...VLM was still there ! ;)

I don't know who created it, but i thanks him a lot !

(and Starcat for putting it online ;))

Sounds easy to do.... I will follow your advice when I buy a second JagCD Player - just in case... - :)

Thanks for the info, meanwhile I examine if the eprom is socketed.

What's everyone so excited about? I made one of these things like 2 days after the universal header came out. I was very disappointed when I learned not everyone has a socket in their CD.

Sounds easy to do.... I will follow your advice when I buy a second JagCD Player - just in case... - :)

What's everyone so excited about? I made one of these things like 2 days after the universal header came out. I was very disappointed when I learned not everyone has a socket in their CD.

T-Bird, I've received my JagCD few days ago, I'm still waiting for some cd-games I won on ebay to play... I'm not ready to do experiments on the player :)

Sounds easy to do.... I will follow your advice when I buy a second JagCD Player - just in case... -  :)  

;)

Sorry, i may have not seen your post about it...

:ponder:

• 3 weeks later...

Glenn Bruner has a slightly more complicated CD bypass BIOS he concocted...apparently he replaced all the CD-checking routines with NOP, recompiled and burned it to a 27C020 ;)

How he got the source I have no clue...that man is a veritable mine of useful and cool stuff :)

Stone

But then I'll loose the VLM won't I?

You should simply purchase that awe-inspring BattleSphere Gold™ Cartridge. It's got 100% VLM Enabled CD Bypass (The first Jaguar CD bypass ever invented, BTW) and a complete JUGS Development Kit included as well as a super Demo Sampler CD to play with the bypass which has never-before-seen Jaguar Demos and even Native.

It also comes with both "Defector SL" and "PyroPong" games on the same cart as the bypass.

Oh yeah, we even threw in an updated version of our old BattleSphere™ game as a bonus!

You should simply purchase that awe-inspring BattleSphere Gold™ Cartridge. It's got 100% VLM Enabled CD Bypass (The first Jaguar CD bypass ever invented, BTW) ...

You mean "ever published"?

Oh well, I know it is going to be difficukt to know if your bypass was developed before or after Songbird's one.

...just curious :)

BTW, that pyropong is awesome! And it's the only Jagpong I have, so I'm glad to have it! And that so-easy-to remember activation code!

You should simply purchase that awe-inspring BattleSphere Gold™ Cartridge. It's got 100% VLM Enabled CD Bypass (The first Jaguar CD bypass ever invented, BTW) ...

You mean "ever published"?

Oh well, I know it is going to be difficukt to know if your bypass was developed before or after Songbird's one.

...just curious :)

BTW, that pyropong is awesome! And it's the only Jagpong I have, so I'm glad to have it! And that so-easy-to remember activation code!

My bypass was working before the cart encryption header ever came out. Before anyone ever even started coding another one. If you go by what other people put in their "progress reports" then that puts mine firmly in the lead.

Thanks for the kudos on PP though. That was a fun game to code up, and it turend out pretty slick looking. It's just a small example of how easy it actually is to write games on the Jaguar. It took about 1 week of evenings to finish the game, but the basic engine was up and running in an evening. I just spent the rest of the time tweaking the AI and trying to make it beatable. It turns out that my original AI was too good. That is the AI that plays as "Scott", because he would always beat me at Space War on the 2600.

I don't know why there are no other small games like this out there. They are so easy to do, and the Jag is fun to program them on.