IGNORED

RKGAMES' ColecoVision Side Trak

newcoleco

Just curious on how things are going.

Thanks for asking, I ended up taking a short break with far too many other things going on (work, family, ect). I got back to coding Side Trak this morning and got my list of to-do items listed to complete the game! I'm aiming at by end of next week (mid june). Thanks for sticking around with me on this every one!

Russ

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is the date soon?! Huh huh? Can we have it? Can we have it? Is it ready? Is it ready?

:D :D :D

I'm still alive! Sorry for the long delay, been busy with work and life in general! The game is being tested by the beta testers and i'm awaiting the verdict if i'm really done! Thanks everyone for all the great comments and excitement you made about the game! In fact I'm getting ready to start working on my next coleco game in the mean time! I'm guessing we got to be close to a release at this point?!

Take care,

Russ

In fact I'm getting ready to start working on my next coleco game in the mean time!

Lemme guess... Rip Cord? :)

Hahaha, Good guess. I had worked on the graphics to Rip Cord from the catalog and was pumped to start coding. then something horrible happened. I played the mame rom. it was enough to send me away from coding rip cord (at least for now). The game is quite boring and was a huge disappointment as i always wanted to play it since seeing the catalog pix as a kid. I did come up with a few ideas on how to make the game better, but i'm thinking on trying my hand at either a Zelda style hack and slash mini rpg, or a near pixel perfect arcade conversion of some kind. (Any suggestions everyone let me know!) I'm wondering if we should start a new thread to get suggestions. the only factor is, it's got to be a game i would like as well. nothing worse then coding a game you cant get into!

Thanks,

Russ

If you have the imagination to figure out how the Turtle game would be from the catalogue that would be the ultimate!!!

Mr Turtle? What a great idea! Since very little is known about the gameplay (a single mockup screenshot is not much to go on) it would be a great opportunity to create something brand new. The only thing needed to make it feel authentic is to have a spot in the game that looks exactly like the mockup screenshot. The rest of the game could be anything.

But anyhow, Russ, I think starting a new thread would be best, if you really want people's opinions and votes on what should be your next CV game. :)

EDIT: If you do start a new thread, I think it would be appropriate to let people know how far you're willing to go in terms of complexity: Will you limit the size of the cart to 32K? Are you interested in implementing complicated stuff like full-screen scrolling? Or do you want to keep things simple, straightforward and easy to program? If you don't set parameters, you'll get all kinds of suggestions from people who are not programmers and may not realize how much effort is involved in programming a game.

Edited by Pixelboy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Can you post a link that will open this Daniel Bienvenu\'s SideTrak MusicBox Feb-Mar 2011.zip can't get it to play.

Unzip & use in a Colecovision emulator or Colecovision USB / Flashcart? I assume it's a Colecovision ROM image?

Yes it is a rom image it's pretty cool you can play all the music and sound effects from the game