IGNORED

Mystery print at work

FastRobPlus

This just appeared in the hallway behind my office. Looks like it's going up right on the wall there.

post-11578-129606612952_thumb.jpg

In related news - my office looks like a crime scene as this is the week the building management removes and replaces all the insulation damaged by water from a massive storm a few months back:

post-11578-129606614859_thumb.jpg

May I ask where you work? I would love to be in a place that hangs sweet video game prints.

I work for the game's publisher, Microsoft E&D (a.k.a. Xbox) so not too odd to see game prints hanging around all over, but this one appeared out of nowhere with no explanation. Actually, shortly after this appeared, a bunch of Xbox Live and Kinect branding went up all over the place too. Most of it is adhesive backed vinyl and I wished the installers had paid attention a little better... I'm 90% sure some of the walls that they applied them to are walls scheduled to be removed as part of the water damage remediation that's happening in this part of the building.

I do have a temp office now that's actually quite a bit bigger than my regular office. I've decorated it since I suspect I may be here for a while.

post-11578-129616412987_thumb.jpg

I work for the game's publisher, Microsoft E&D (a.k.a. Xbox)

Oh good, maybe you can sneak through some replayable games.

I've noticed that some places will change things or remodel a few months before they close. I hope Microsoft is doing OK. :D

Cool office. I have one of those Halo Green Xboxs also! :thumbsup:

This one is actually a build box. It used to have test builds of "Yeti" on it (Amped II) but it's HDD has long since been scrapped.

Nonetheless, it's my favorite dev kit. I have good memories of Amped 2 and Access/SLG/Indie Built in general.

post-11578-129623374426_thumb.jpg

Edited by FastRobPlus

I work for the game's publisher, Microsoft E&D (a.k.a. Xbox)

Oh good, maybe you can sneak through some replayable games.

I've noticed that some places will change things or remodel a few months before they close. I hope Microsoft is doing OK. :D

I don't work for or with MGS any more - except for occasionally manning booths at trade shows. I think Amped 2 had a lot of re-playability.

My big surprise in the office recently was getting a Keurig, which don't get me wrong, was pretty cool. But it'd be awful fun to work in an office like yours!

What do you do at the publishing house? And out of curiosity, what are you currently playing?

My wife want's a Keurig for home. They do look very slick. I don't drink coffee too much so I'm kind of indifferent.

One cool thing we do have: These new Starbucks instant-brew systems:

post-11578-129623395687_thumb.jpg

They grind the beans real time and brew while you wait. You select the blend and it makes whatever cup size you specify.

The only issue I have with the one in the picture is that the wall you see it up against is the adjoining wall to my office, so I hear it running in the background all day!

Edited by FastRobPlus

My big surprise in the office recently was getting a Keurig, which don't get me wrong, was pretty cool. But it'd be awful fun to work in an office like yours!

What do you do at the publishing house? And out of curiosity, what are you currently playing?

My wife want's a Keurig for home. They do look very slick. I don't drink coffee too much so I'm kind of indifferent.

They grind the beans real time and brew while you wait. You select the blend and it makes whatever cup size you specify.

The only issue I have with the one in the picture is that the wall you see it up against is the adjoining wall to my office, so I hear it running in the background all day!

Ha! I know this is way off topic, but reading your comment about the coffee machine up against the wall and hearing it all day made me think about going to our Mexican facility a few months back. 1st off, it's a beautiful plant with a very nice office and a lot nicer than our other plants (though it should be, it's a quarter as old too!). But anyway, we were set-up in the conference room and the entire 1st day we are hearing some motorized sound coming from the other side of the wall. Not at consistent intervals, but when it happened it was pretty loud. Finally dawned on us....the bathroom for the company next door was on the other side of that wall, and we were listening to the automatic paper towel dispenser all day! Drove me batty until we figured it out.

Anyway, so you don't work for Microsoft Game Studios, but still for MS, right? That's very cool. My company is headquarterd in Portland, OR, so I've made the trip up to the Seattle area on ocassion, and once to Olympia (I think that's the capital, right??). Very nice up there. Ever make it to Portland? If you have reason to be in the Portland area anyway, Ground Kontrol is a lot of fun.

Oh yea, about the Keurig....I love it in the office. But my wife and I haven't made the plunge at home yet. Seems like it was the in-thing in our neighborhood last year to get one and we made fun of people for being so yuppy. So we have to stand by our words now for a while. icon_rolleyes.gif

Edited by Metal Ghost

Ha! I know this is way off topic, but reading your comment about the coffee machine up against the wall and hearing it all day made me think about going to our Mexican facility a few months back. 1st off, it's a beautiful plant with a very nice office and a lot nicer than our other plants (though it should be, it's a quarter as old too!). But anyway, we were set-up in the conference room and the entire 1st day we are hearing some motorized sound coming from the other side of the wall. Not at consistent intervals, but when it happened it was pretty loud. Finally dawned on us....the bathroom for the company next door was on the other side of that wall, and we were listening to the automatic paper towel dispenser all day! Drove me batty until we figured it out.

Anyway, so you don't work for Microsoft Game Studios, but still for MS, right? That's very cool. My company is headquarterd in Portland, OR, so I've made the trip up to the Seattle area on ocassion, and once to Olympia (I think that's the capital, right??). Very nice up there. Ever make it to Portland? If you have reason to be in the Portland area anyway, Ground Kontrol is a lot of fun.

Oh yea, about the Keurig....I love it in the office. But my wife and I haven't made the plunge at home yet. Seems like it was the in-thing in our neighborhood last year to get one and we made fun of people for being so yuppy. So we have to stand by our words now for a while. icon_rolleyes.gif

I love Portland.

We have a vendor in Beaverton I visit a lot, but I have never made the trek to Ground Kontrol. I also have not yet gone to the Portland Classic Gaming show, even though it's so close...

I love Portland.

We have a vendor in Beaverton I visit a lot, but I have never made the trek to Ground Kontrol. I also have not yet gone to the Portland Classic Gaming show, even though it's so close...

Ground Kontrol is a lot of fun. The only bummer is that when I get out to Portland I tend to work with people that are completely not interested in going there. Though there's nothing like an arcade that sells beer to get you over going by yourself!

Yea, I've never been to the game expo there, but I'm hoping to be able to time a business trip to coincide with it this year. I was so disappointed last year....I realized like a week after it happened that I could have made it there if only I had known. Putting it on the calendar this year! icon_shades.gif

I love Portland.

Ground Kontrol is a lot of fun. The only bummer is that when I get out to Portland I tend to work with people that are completely not interested in going there. Though there's nothing like an arcade that sells beer to get you over going by yourself!

Yea, I've never been to the game expo there, but I'm hoping to be able to time a business trip to coincide with it this year. I was so disappointed last year....I realized like a week after it happened that I could have made it there if only I had known. Putting it on the calendar this year! icon_shades.gif

Lemme know if you decide to go this year. We can see who else from here is going and do a meet up. I hear Al went last year (or was it the year before?)

I love Portland.

Lemme know if you decide to go this year. We can see who else from here is going and do a meet up. I hear Al went last year (or was it the year before?)

Sounds good! I just added you as a friend and will give you a shout during the summer as the expo gets closer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this may actually be the year that I get to one or two shows.