- last 3 rows not use for soft walls

- ledder -> group id = <2..127>

- ball -> group_id = only 0 -> parameter = 1 -> move right

- ball -> group_id = only 0 -> parameter = -1 -> move left

- ball -> group_id = only 0 -> parameter = 0 -> move only up/down

p.s.

right mouse button -> additional popupmenu

left mouse button -> draw marque

send me some interesting level, game need 40 :)

pang_level_editor.zip

• Like 4

This is mad stuff (cool PC level editor for Atari game ;-) ) - and I'm confused. All I ever saw about Pang as the impressive youtube video. Is there a released version?! I loved to play that game on my Amiga...

This is mad stuff (cool PC level editor for Atari game ;-) ) - and I'm confused. All I ever saw about Pang as the impressive youtube video. Is there a released version?! I loved to play that game on my Amiga...

I think it will be released after they gather 40 levels :)

Edited by MaPa

Hi Tebe,

Here is my contribution to the levels. I hope that you find this level interesting.

I'm not sure if I have seen a bug. When a block explodes, it leaves the PMG overlay colour where it was (if I have not climbed the ladder). Is this my error or is this a bug? If I do climb the ladder, the screen fills with extra colours.

And also, when using Altirra 1.8.0.0, I get a different screen layout to when using Atari800Win+ 4.0 .

Would you like us also to create new background textures? If so, what file format are the .tex files?

Great work, thank you Tebe!

Kind regards,

Steve

snicklin1_pang.zip

Edited by snicklin

I think that I understand now. PMG's must only be used where the player cannot access (i.e. above his head where there are no ladders).

If you use PMG's at body height, they'll clash with the player and cause corruption.

I'll keep this in mind and then create several levels and contribute them all in one big zip file.

I think that I understand now. PMG's must only be used where the player cannot access (i.e. above his head where there are no ladders).

If you use PMG's at body height, they'll clash with the player and cause corruption.

:) congratulations Snicklin, you are right

thx for the levels

p.s.

- pmg colors overlay, if you set too bright then bitmap graphics will invisible or some bitmap colors invisible

- ledder + wall, it's possible, first put wall, next ledder on it

- one texture = 4 levels

p.s.#2

how create texture

- first instal 7zip 32bit (www.7-zip.org)

- modify filename in file "@texcut.asm" - last row

- run bat "!TEX.BAT"

- use file *.tex with level editor

pang_texture.zip

Edited by tebe

Thanks Tebe for the update. I am enjoying this!

I have been practicing with creating some .tex files and then encoding them into the level.

My question is, if I send you a level (a .lev file) and you do not like my art (I am not a great artist), is it easy for you to remove my art but use my level?

My question is, if I send you a level (a .lev file) and you do not like my art (I am not a great artist), is it easy for you to remove my art but use my level?

yes, file *.LEV contains only level data, without texture

file *.LEV is designed to use with any texture

Hi Tebe,

I've been doing various things of late and haven't had as much time as I've wanted for creating levels.

This is my best effort yet. Are the background graphics good enough? If not, I'll stop wasting my time in drawing them. Ooz is way better than I'll ever be (in a million years).

By the way, sometimes the balls get stuck in certain positions. Would it be possible that a little tiny bit of randomness is added to their movement.

spooky.zip

• 2 months later...