IGNORED

Returning to software after a while.

Mclaneinc

Was just sitting playing about with Altirra (something I seem to always do) and I just happened across the Numen demo after ages, I've seen it many times before but had forgotten (easy at my age) just how sweet it is. Sat there with a huge smile on my face seeing nice fx that I'd never have thought possible after I went down the Amiga path.

Just thought it was such a nice feeling, sort of like I'd seen it for the first time with the Rubix solve being a real treat.

Nice to remember there's some damn good stuff on this 30yr old machine, bits that in this day can bring a huge grin, much better than arguing :)

ED: Just re read this and it looks like I'm suffering from dementia, honest I'm not :) just revisiting the classics...

Was just sitting playing about with Altirra (something I seem to always do) and I just happened across the Numen demo after ages, I've seen it many times before but had forgotten (easy at my age) just how sweet it is. Sat there with a huge smile on my face seeing nice fx that I'd never have thought possible after I went down the Amiga path.

Just thought it was such a nice feeling, sort of like I'd seen it for the first time with the Rubix solve being a real treat.

If you like Numen, also have a look at the "real world" Numen video - it's absolutely hilarious!

so long,

Hias

Nice to remember there's some damn good stuff on this 30yr old machine, bits that in this day can bring a huge grin, much better than arguing :)

ED: Just re read this and it looks like I'm suffering from dementia, honest I'm not :) just revisiting the classics...

Also, if you have not seen it yet, I definitely recommend you check out Project M 2.0Think of a Wolfenstein 3D clone in 256 colors at 20fps with music!

If you like Numen, also have a look at the "real world" Numen video - it's absolutely hilarious!

so long,

Hias

Excellent...Thank you very much, made me smiles loads....

Also, if you have not seen it yet, I definitely recommend you check out Project M 2.0Think of a Wolfenstein 3D clone in 256 colors at 20fps with music!

Cheers, I was playing that the other day, sent it to a friend whose a fellow long term Atarian and a mega fan of Wolfenstein and his jaw dropped open at it. Who would have thought that sort of detail on an atari, bloody great coding.

As I test Altirra all the time (too much time free) I often find old stuff I've not seen for a while and it just makes you remember just how well coded this little baby can be and the sheer quality of some of the newer titles. That said, the old stuff still pulls you back in, in some cases a lot more than the console eye candy of today...