IGNORED

Why SNES is not a favorite for me to play

tz101

I have never avoided playing any system just because I didn't like the controller. Only pussies blame the controller.

Agreed. I can't think of a single system I haven't wanted to play simply because the controller wasn't to my liking. Naturally I have favorites and preferences, but I've never let it stop me from enjoying a system. Hell, even the Intellivision controllers fail to deter me from wanting to play that system. With that said, in comparison to something like, say, the 7800 joystick, it's difficult for me to fathom how people could dislike the SNES controller to the degree that they do. It sounds more to me like complaining just for the sake of complaining.

• Like 1

The SNES controllers were innovative and groundbreaking. They influenced Sony PS1/2 game pads because they were so good. (I guess Sony also copied the SNES pad design because of their failed joint venture creating the SNES CD System)

I love SNES game pads because they are so well designed and very comfortable. They’re second only to the Sega Saturn Controller which IMO is the best game pad ever created. Third would be the Sony PS1/PS2 controllers of course.

The antithesis would be the Intellivision horrendous “controllers”. Put a SNES pad besides an INT “controller” and the caption would read “Heaven or hell, you decide!” Sorry had to throw that in ;)

• Like 1

He got banned way back in August.

Chris

For a second there I thought that he was banned in august, then posted this topic in january... then I looked at the time stamps.

I didn't notice that this was a thread revival... huh.

just curious, why did he get banned?

just curious, why did he get banned?

He probably went into one of his many, seemingly spontaneuous, "thou art the devil and thou shall not be saved by our lord", tirades. :lol:

oh, religious stuff? huh.

I don't know why, but that reminds me of the guy who posted about "using alcohol on a game is like using a wire brush on teeth" or something like that. That was some crazy stuff...

I think he got mouthy with one of the mods or admins via PM. Nothing that we can see publicly.

Only thing sucky about him getting banned is that it basically disbanded the official Atari Age rulers of the wickedness of this age or whatever the hell we were.

Chris

Only thing sucky about him getting banned is that it basically disbanded the official Atari Age rulers of the wickedness of this age or whatever the hell we were.

huh? wth?

One time, tz101 said that me, the Canadian, and I think maybe Chuck were:

"Spritual hosts of wickedness and rulers of the darkness of this age..."

So I created an ad-hoc club of the same name. I was kind of cool to be a part of something, but with his banning the club didn't really make sense any more.

Chris

• Like 1

huh? wth?

One time, tz101 said that me, the Canadian, and I think maybe Chuck were:

"Spritual hosts of wickedness and rulers of the darkness of this age..."

So I created an ad-hoc club of the same name. I was kind of cool to be a part of something, but with his banning the club didn't really make sense any more.

Chris

that's funny :lol:

Edited by Tr3vor