IGNORED

Time for a new season...

CGQuarterly

I've been busy with work (just did an 18 and a 12 hour shift in last two days!) as well as personal matters - but I do want to get back into scoring competitions!

I would prefer NES games but maybe run both NES and SNES together? I don't have many SNES games that are played for score so my participation would be limited…

nevertheless, I'm looking forward to playing and competing again!

Super mario world? that would keep me busy for a while.

how abouts we get REAL nasty, american gladiators... nevermind, I never want to put that STD infested cart into my nintendo again...

Yoshi's Cookie (NES)

Mach Rider (maybe)

Rad Racer

thats about it for me... NES wise.

Super Scope 6, if we all have the super scope...

Maybe Vortex, if we all want our asses kicked.

now thats about it.

For the SNES I was thinking about games like Gradius III, Darius Twin, Batman Returns, Super R-Type, Super Mario World, Super Turrican, one of the Street Fighter games, Super Adventure Island, Arkanoid: Doh it Again. Some of those may not keep score so I would have to check first.

Have we done Solomon's Key yet on the NES? T&C Surf Designs: Wood and Water Rage, Ghosts & Goblins, Kung Fu, Duck Hunt, Spy Hunter. Just throwing some possibilities out.

Chris

For the SNES I was thinking about games like Gradius III, Darius Twin, Batman Returns, Super R-Type, Super Mario World, Super Turrican, one of the Street Fighter games, Super Adventure Island, Arkanoid: Doh it Again. Some of those may not keep score so I would have to check first.

Have we done Solomon's Key yet on the NES? T&C Surf Designs: Wood and Water Rage, Ghosts & Goblins, Kung Fu, Duck Hunt, Spy Hunter. Just throwing some possibilities out.

Chris

Most of these games i stink at. lol :(

I wasn't aware that the first Mega Man kept score. That one is definitely in for this season. I'm just going to go ahead and make up a list and start the first round then. Not much discussion going on with this so I don't want to wait any longer.

Chris

Yay, another chance to play a complete season. Maybe this time I can get the time to play more.

I'm digging the idea of arcade ports, and I'm really in love with Kung Fu being in the mix as mentioned about.

As far as themes the arcade port thing is cool, Spy Hunter, Donkey Kong/Jr/3, Galaga (I know it was just played but...), Kung Fu... Stretch this to make Mike Tyson's Punch Out fit. That game is interesting when played for points.

That or a "Dirt Common" season. All games that pretty much everyone has.

I don't care for the SNES idea personally. Thats just me, and I'm not a constant member of the club, so I understand I don't matter too much. Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: I would also be ok with another point system. The way it is the top 1 or 2 can run away with this thing fast. I know it isn't all about winning, but it would be nice to have a chance at it. If you are bad at a game or 2 that someone is really good at you can lose the pace.

Edited by HatefulGravey

• 2 weeks later...

Mega Man wouldn't be a good idea for score as the robot masters are worth a randomized amount of points. For example one player could play and defeat Cut Man for 60,000 and one person could defeat Cut Man for 100,000 points.

How about games that were on Atari that were remade for Nintendo

Edited by classicgamer_27330