IGNORED

Problems in Batari Basic

JorgeLiborinho

Hello!

Guys I can not build a game at BB.

I had posted the codes of the game, then I would compile but not work.

When I compile, appears below was written in red like this:

Could not locate the batari Basic 2600bas.exe compiler. Please check your settings and try again.

Precompilation failed, aborted at 2/2/2011 10:39:32

Why is that?

Need to download some compiler?

Thankful!

What are you using to code and compile-- VisualbB, Crimson Editor, or something else? Which version of batari Basic are you using? How is batari Basic installed on your computer-- what is the directory name, etc.? Are there spaces in the directory name? It sounds like maybe you don't have the bB variable set to define the path, or maybe there are spaces in the directory name and they're throwing off the compile command. You can set the bB variable inside the compile batch file (that's what I do), or you can set it as an environment variable in Windows. I forgot to ask, are you using Windows or some other operating system? I can help you modify your compile batch file to set the bB variable and make any other adjustments to it that might be needed. If you're using Crimson Editor, I can help you set up the "user tools" to compile and run your programs. If you're using VisualbB, someone else can probably help you better than I can with setting up VisualbB.

Also, you might want to post any future questions related to batari Basic in the batari Basic forum, so the other batari Basic users will be sure to see them. :)

Michael

I'm afraid I can't help with VisualbB, but I'm attaching a zipped copy of the batch file I use. It sets the bB variable to C:\Atari2600\bB, and adds it to the Windows Path variable, so you don't have to woryy about setting those variables in Windows or in VisualbB. It also corrects a few things in the batch that might cause issues in Windows-- changing slashes to backslashes and adding spaces on both sides or the redirectors (< and >) and pipes (|). Unzip the attachment into your C:\Atari2600\bB directory and try compiling again. If it doesn't fix your problem, you can ask someone in the batari Basic forum for help setting up VisualbB, or read through the older posts in that forum where others have asked for help with VisualbB.

Michael

2600bas.zip

I'm using version VisualbB_1.0_Build_530.

I did dowload Batari Basic ae this link:

http://www.atariage....r-batari-basic/

The Batari Basic is in this directory:

C: / Atari2600/bB

I am using windows XP.

Sounds like you never configured the settings.

http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-vbb.html#settings

-Jeff

Você é brasileiro também?

Rsrsrsrsrs...

My configuration is exactly like yours.

In the space "Emulator" this way:

C: \ Atari2600 \ Emulator \ Stella \ Stella.exe

Within "ALT Batch File" this way:

C: \ Atari2600 \ bB \ 2600bas.bat

Both camps are right, it only changes the directory, but in the "bb compiler" I did not enter because I do not have the file 2600bas.exe

I just got the file 2600bas.bat.

Where do I find the file 2600bas.exe?

I think I've figured out why the problem!

Você é brasileiro também?

Rsrsrsrsrs...

My configuration is exactly like yours.

In the space "Emulator" this way:

C: \ Atari2600 \ Emulator \ Stella \ Stella.exe

Within "ALT Batch File" this way:

C: \ Atari2600 \ bB \ 2600bas.bat

Both camps are right, it only changes the directory, but in the "bb compiler" I did not enter because I do not have the file 2600bas.exe

I just got the file 2600bas.bat.

Where do I find the file 2600bas.exe?

I think I've figured out why the problem!

yeah, you do need the compiler. It's right over here, at the official batari Basic website. There you will get the 2600bas.exe and all other files and includes. Just unzip the whole thing in your bB folder and things should work right away.

And yeah, from Brazil! :)

Cheers!

Thanks for the support guys!

I've arranged the Batari Basic,now I can program games atari! icon_thumbsup.gif

Problem solved!

That's great to hear! :) By the way, you might want to upgrade to version 1.1 that batari just posted the other day (you can read about it, and find the link, in the batari Basic forum).

Michael