IGNORED

Will A8 finally get a decent Pinball game?

José Pereira

Is that the same midnight magic as the game brodebund did for the A8 (david's midnight magic)

that game is very similar to raster blaster and also night mission pinball in regards to layout

perhaps if you 3d'ified those games in the form of jose's pic in the first post, might be a good starting point

The ball physics won't be quite the same for a flat table as opposed to an isometric table, nor will the movement.

Is that the same midnight magic as the game brodebund did for the A8 (david's midnight magic)

that game is very similar to raster blaster and also night mission pinball in regards to layout

perhaps if you 3d'ified those games in the form of jose's pic in the first post, might be a good starting point

The ball physics won't be quite the same for a flat table as opposed to an isometric table, nor will the movement.

Everybody is saying the A8 has so much processing power... why not calculate it in real and then transform to the screen?

Same way as 3d gfx work (world coords for calculation of movement and screen coords for the display).

I NEVER understood the passion for pinball (real arcade or computer simulations of them) so I will never ever code such a stupid (at least for me) game ;)

However, i am interested what analmux can do wrt to the sound ;)

well creature XL, just look at the pinball sims that frequented the original playstation, just as good as playing an actual pinball machine, and not forgetting pinball fantasies/dreams on the Amiga (probably the best pinball sim on a computer)

I seem to remember that nintendo had a very good pinball game in it's initial nes lineup (remember playing it in hamleys), i think that game is pretty close to what jose was on about in post one

I don't want to be rude, but PLEASE (!!!) read my post before you reply. In my post I say: it is NOT (!!!!!) David's midnight Magic.

Always when I bring up the 2600 Midnight Magic, someone starts talking about David's Midnight Magic. We already have that one, and NO I don't want another port of THAT one.

I want a port of the 2600 version of Midnight Magic.

It is cool. It is really welcome, and best of all: I'm sure for someone who can write a pinball engine, it is rather easy to create.

But always (yes I sound a bit frustrated now) even before I can take breath, someone already starts yelling about David's Midnight Magic for atari 8bit.

Forget that game. It is nice, but that's it.

The 2600 version of Midnight Magic is what we need.

And yes: I already wrote that.

M.

Personally, I do not think that it's that much better than what we currently have. Yes, it is a little bit better but not enough to warrant all the time investment.

You never played it. That is for sure.

It is the FEEL of the game. It is a brilliant, really fantastic game. You don't get the feel from looking at it.

I wished I could program a pinball engine. I woulde definately invest time in this. It is (next to Private Eye and Barnstorming) the only reason I keep my 2600.

Personally, I do not think that it's that much better than what we currently have. Yes, it is a little bit better but not enough to warrant all the time investment.

You never played it. That is for sure.

It is the FEEL of the game. It is a brilliant, really fantastic game. You don't get the feel from looking at it.

I wished I could program a pinball engine. I woulde definately invest time in this. It is (next to Private Eye and Barnstorming) the only reason I keep my 2600.

Correct, I've never played it, I'm only going by a Youtube video!

Correct, I've never played it, I'm only going by a Youtube video!

Hey... even on emulator it is cool (but not so cool as on the real thing). You really should give it a try for let's say a few hours. I'm rather sure this game will please you.

The goal is to get all the targets on top of the playfield. Then you improve to the 'next' playfield. Ok ... next = same but different color. There are 5 color levels. And every level your points multiplier increases with one. So second level = 2x original points worth. Third level = 3x etc.

I know it is a simple concept. But the most brilliant things are simple.

This is such a brilliant piece.

Enjoy!

Marius

post-6517-129769671411_thumb.png :arrow:

Stay Tunned!...

Are oyu leaving any PM spare for ball (maybe efx) usage? Look sso colorful that i guess not ;)

Has anyone volunteered in doing the coding? Would be a shame to let another Jose-production going down the drain :(

Hi, don't you see the Ball it's already there and coloured:

It uses P0 / P0OredPF0 / P0OredPF1

Greets.

José Pereira.

• 4 weeks later...