IGNORED

Dropped my Atlantis II down to $5,000 or best offer. Thanks for looking

homerwannabee

I selling this, just trying to get funds so I can get fix up my Donkey Kong 3 machine, and make it into a Donkey Kong Junior machine in order achieve my goals on the Donkey Kong series of arcade games. Thank you very much for looking.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1405091530521?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=140509153052&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Good luck Homer; if I win the lottery tonight I will buy it :) Cheers, FB :cool:

People might not know the story of atlantis, they may think your trying to sell the regular game for an over exaggerated price. You may have to explain a little more about what makes it atlantis 2 when it clearly says the title atlantis on it. Also dont forget to mention the baseball card I didnt see it mentioned. And good luck with your record I dunno how many other people are trying to set them but I know at least two people counting yourself. I would like to set one on the original resident evil. Good luck with all that and your auction. PS. I hope to not sound like a jerk but I think someone beat you to the punch.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2806229519391?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280622951939&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

People might not know the story of atlantis, they may think your trying to sell the regular game for an over exaggerated price. You may have to explain a little more about what makes it atlantis 2 when it clearly says the title atlantis on it. Also dont forget to mention the baseball card I didnt see it mentioned. And good luck with your record I dunno how many other people are trying to set them but I know at least two people counting yourself. I would like to set one on the original resident evil. Good luck with all that and your auction. PS. I hope to not sound like a jerk but I think someone beat you to the punch.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2806229519391?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280622951939&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Well if I was fool enough to spend that kind of money on a 2600 game, I'd go for Homer's over this clown's anyday. It's not near as documented...

Thats very well true but you know the average ebay buyer. Not everyone is a collector. I have seen auctions and I could find you a couple in which the seller had some enormous price to what the actual stuff was worth because he claimed he needed the money. Dont believe me look under lot and then video games you may find what I am talking about. Im sure you have come upon auctions and said what the..... in the world is going on here. Not to sound crazy but you know its true. But anyway I hope he gets some buyers. I wouldnt mind adding it to my collection. It would always stay with me.

I really hope that nobody gets fooled into thinking the two letters of authenticity are actually the contest docs. :skull:

I selling this, just trying to get funds so I can get fix up my Donkey Kong 3 machine, and make it into a Donkey Kong Junior machine in order achieve my goals on the Donkey Kong series of arcade games. Thank you very much for looking.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1405091530521?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=140509153052&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I can turn your DK3 machine into a DK jr for about $150, maybe less if we can find a cheaper boardset, just let me know if you need some help.

I can turn your DK3 machine into a DK jr for about $150, maybe less if we can find a cheaper boardset, just let me know if you need some help.

Yeah, but you live in Minnesota. Yeah, I pressed read anyways. My main problem is going to be other stuff. The freaking monitor is the number one problem. Check this video out, and you will see what I mean. This was video was taken a few days ago. You can see the freaking monitor is barely holding out.

If crazy climber can fix your cabinet for you maybe you could just keep your game. I mean your the original owner and it must be a prize trophy for you because you had to earn it. I was looking at the docs and I noticed it said 1982. Must have been different gaming times back then. It would have been awesome to see.

If crazy climber can fix your cabinet for you maybe you could just keep your game. I mean your the original owner and it must be a prize trophy for you because you had to earn it. I was looking at the docs and I noticed it said 1982. Must have been different gaming times back then. It would have been awesome to see.

Nope I am not the original owner. I got it though form the original owner 4 and a half years ago.

Here is what I am selling it for.

1. A fixed monitor. (Makes it hard to go for a world record when this is happening.)

2. A new computer. My freaking computer is too slow to play MAME, and it screws me up while playing it in Java

3. A DK Junior board (Someone may have this lined up for me, but I don't know if this is going to happen.)

4. Someone also said they have a joystick lined up for me, if I trade my Joystick I have. Sounds like a deal to me.

5. Money to go to either A)The Video Game Hall of fame B) Richie Knuckles a huge arcade place back east or C) Funspot in New Hampshire. I don't think they have a Donkey Kong 3 machine though. Anyways all the great places are too far away for me to be able to afford to go.

Edit: Almost forgot another one. I borrow my video camera, and the person I borrow from is starting to get irritated that I use it so much. So getting a Video Camera so I don't feel like a mooch using another person's camera is also on the list. This is also for going for a world record since you need a film your arcade gameplay in order for the world record to be accepted.

Also, Crazy Climber is too far away for him to do anything. I know of a couple of arcade enthusiasts that go to SC3. My plan is to try to see if anyone that goes there can help me.

Yeah, but you live in Minnesota. Yeah, I pressed read anyways. My main problem is going to be other stuff. The freaking monitor is the number one problem. Check this video out, and you will see what I mean. This was video was taken a few days ago. You can see the freaking monitor is barely holding out.

You can fix it Homer

Monitor (cheap fix)

http://www.quarterarcade.com/Game.aspx/6828

Monitor (expensive fix)

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2005730653391?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200573065339&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

PCB (expensive but guaranteed to work or money back)

http://www.quarterarcade.com/Game.aspx/2987

PCB (cheap but untested)

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3802565223881?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=380256522388&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Joysticks are an easy fix, you might as well upgrade to a DK jr panel though :)

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2005730643051?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200573064305&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

One last try to get this thing sold. Well, at least people can't say I didn't try to sell it at a semi-reasonable price. The Atlantis II with a faded shirt, and box went for close to $7,000 last year, and while it may not have that it still has amazing documentation that no one else has. Well this is it. It sells or it doesn't. I'll guess if it doesn't sell I 'll go to my option B plan. Something that can net me close to this. Just will take a little more time.

• 2 weeks later...

Well looks like Atlantis II is now taking a back seat to even the Block Buster cart by Sega Genesis. This one sold for $5,000, and I am trying to get $5,000 or best offer. You would think that my game being the most documented would at least have some offers. I mean when I bought this game back in 2006 Blockbuster World Championship II WAS going for $2,000. Sad day to know my game is not even on the same level as this cart. :sad:

Atlantis II most under rated game out there.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1106036783871?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110603678387&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Homer - you need to keep in mind the market - its quite possible anyone that *really* wanted an AII cart has it. Now you are dealing with a market that wouldnt mind having it - ie, not worth more than $500.

That Sega cart obviously still has a market of people that want to pay alot to own it. You'll just have to keep waiting until a new gotta have it at any price buyer shows up.

Homer - you need to keep in mind the market - its quite possible anyone that *really* wanted an AII cart has it. Now you are dealing with a market that wouldnt mind having it - ie, not worth more than $500.

That Sega cart obviously still has a market of people that want to pay alot to own it. You'll just have to keep waiting until a new gotta have it at any price buyer shows up.

Yeah, but they don't have the paperwork. Especially the paperwork in this fine of condition. This also comes with a letter that no one else has. This comes with another paper that only 3 people are known to have, and I am the only one known the have the envelope to that letter. They may have the game but they don't have the paperwork. If it was just about the game, then hey I understand, but the paperwork on this is simply amazing.

Well whatever, if it does not sell, than I can just start selling other stuff to make up for this. Then I will wait about 10 to 15 years from now, and see if there is a different reaction.

P.S. the other stuff is just putting almost my entire collection besides this up for sale. I have a 100 boxed games, over 200 loose carts. A decent Garbage Pail Kids collection. Comics, and vinyl albums, plus some sports cards, plus a few odds and ends as well. It will be a pain to sell all of that stuff, but hey whatever.

Nope, not even close - PAL games take the cake for being underrated/valued. I bet if the BIN was $2.5k it wouldn't last long. If you look at rare PAL games, there are MANY that make a loose Air Raid look common and are as rare as the Air Raid box (i.e. only 1 is known to exist) and none have even remotely sold for $2.5k. ;)

I'm not suprised you didnt get any offers. Since this is the 5th or 6th time you have listed it on Ebay, people have had the chance to make offers in the past, so its unlikely taht you would be getting any new offers this time. Maybe its time to decide what price you are really willing to let it go for and offer it in the marketplace at that price. Otherwise just hold onto it for the long term and wait until there is more demand.

Documents have just never had the level of demand as the carts and boxes with collectors. To understand why is to understand a collector. It doesn't fill the gap the same way a missing cart or a missing box does. Paperwork while interesting to read isn't as exciting to look at and doesn't look good displayed. For these reasons paperwork just isn't as desirable as a new cart or box is to a collection. I have some paperwork/overlays for Eli's Ladder that I am pretty sure no one else has but there is little interest. If it was a box then it would be different and if you had the only box for a game you could name your price. The only boxed Air Raid sold for big bucks.

That doesn't mean people don't want to see the letter or read it online. They may even want to print copies of it for themselves. They just don't want to pay thousands for paperwork to say they own it.

Nope, not even close - PAL games take the cake for being underrated/valued. I bet if the BIN was $2.5k it wouldn't last long. If you look at rare PAL games, there are MANY that make a loose Air Raid look common and are as rare as the Air Raid box (i.e. only 1 is known to exist) and none have even remotely sold for $2.5k. ;)

I'm not suprised you didnt get any offers. Since this is the 5th or 6th time you have listed it on Ebay, people have had the chance to make offers in the past, so its unlikely taht you would be getting any new offers this time. Maybe its time to decide what price you are really willing to let it go for and offer it in the marketplace at that price. Otherwise just hold onto it for the long term and wait until there is more demand.

He might be better off breaking up the cart and paperwork. People who would want the paperwork have a cart. Perhaps the sale price of the cart alone is enough to get what he needs done. Should he ever desire the cart again it will be easier to find one for sale than the paperwork.

• Like 2

Documents have just never had the level of demand as the carts and boxes with collectors. To understand why is to understand a collector. It doesn't fill the gap the same way a missing cart or a missing box does. Paperwork while interesting to read isn't as exciting to look at and doesn't look good displayed. For these reasons paperwork just isn't as desirable as a new cart or box is to a collection. I have some paperwork/overlays for Eli's Ladder that I am pretty sure no one else has but there is little interest. If it was a box then it would be different and if you had the only box for a game you could name your price. The only boxed Air Raid sold for big bucks.

That doesn't mean people don't want to see the letter or read it online. They may even want to print copies of it for themselves. They just don't want to pay thousands for paperwork to say they own it.

A cart with box also did not command a high price recently. Something like $1,100. I have received higher offers for what I have recently. The paperwork in this instance is actually better. The box is just the same Atlantis box with a sticker. If the box was different you would be right. Just get a regular Atlantis box, and you're set.

Sides it is easy to fake a regular Atlantis II cart. Heck it is not that hard to fake an Atlantis II with box, but in order to fake the docs, you are going to need a lot more. The paper is not normal. You can't just use a printer, and print this. It is not made out of regular paper. Also the embossed logo is kind of tricky to duplicate as well. I am sure CPUWIZ could do a great job at it, but your average Joe is going to have a hard time duplicating this.