IGNORED

new atari 5200

greencoman

First I would like to give credit where it is due. AA member 0078265317 brought this to our attention so I feel its fair not to take all the credit. This Ebay seller claims he has a new Atari 5200. Sounds great besides the possibly high asking price. A little part of you always ask if its true especially if it looks not quite new. Anyway its an active auction now so we can see what it will go for. I would like to pose these questions to all AA members. The box looks ruffed up but better than most is this a hint that it could be a scam? What gets me is look at pic 3 notice how you can see the cardboard of the outer part of the box sticking out as if the middle part was pushed in. So then you ask is this age warp on the cardboard,Or am I am just being finicky? Once there was a seller with a "new" snes boxed. However the snes had fading from the sun, the bottom was yellow. Yeah very new there. Your oppinions please. May it go to a good home regardless. P.S. I wonder what his asking price is?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2507692223691?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250769222369&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

First I would like to give credit where it is due. AA member 0078265317 brought this to our attention so I feel its fair not to take all the credit. This Ebay seller claims he has a new Atari 5200. Sounds great besides the possibly high asking price. A little part of you always ask if its true especially if it looks not quite new. Anyway its an active auction now so we can see what it will go for. I would like to pose these questions to all AA members. The box looks ruffed up but better than most is this a hint that it could be a scam? What gets me is look at pic 3 notice how you can see the cardboard of the outer part of the box sticking out as if the middle part was pushed in. So then you ask is this age warp on the cardboard,Or am I am just being finicky? Once there was a seller with a "new" snes boxed. However the snes had fading from the sun, the bottom was yellow. Yeah very new there. Your oppinions please. May it go to a good home regardless. P.S. I wonder what his asking price is?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2507692223691?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250769222369&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Interesting!

I would say that the box APPEARS to be nice, new and possibly unopened.

The "staples" seal sounds legit.

However, is it worth the $700 Buy It Now he has set, or whatever reserve he thinks it is worth?

That's the real question.

I say wait. See if it reaches the reserve ever.

Ask yourself if owning it would feel the "same" as, for instance, this one:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3102884428441?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=310288442844&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Unopened is a hard one for me . . . what do I do with it? Am I buying it to never open it, or do I just want the "fresh" feel of a new unit?

Very interesting, I'll be following that auction!

-a2a

Looks legit. Not worth the BIN though. I am pretty ridiculous when it comes to buying 5200 stuff, but I wouldn't pay more then $200 for this NIB unit. I don't like the fact that the seller only has 9 feedback. Now, if it was a user here that I trusted......I might go up to $350-$400.

Also, I am trying to remember if my CIB unit has that "C" letter sticker by the handle on the box. What is that?

I don't think they will hit thier reserve.

I have never purchased a CIB system but I got an old beat up box once with one and it still had the C sticker on it. I have no clue what the purpose of the sticker was.

I don't know if the staples are a definite seal not as far as proof goes anyway. Its not like he shows a close up. The box is in pretty rough condition for "new". I would be looking for a good looking box more than a "never opened" anyway if I collected consoles in box. Totally not worth it. I would much rather get a good looking box with less damage that had been opened. Then again, it is kind of hard to find 5200s in that sort of condition.

Personally I would pass until the price was much, much lower on something like this.

What a dreamer. $700! Who'd send him that much money, with 9 feedback, and only 2 of them from actual sales.

And in a more general (ebay) sense......

Personally, I don't understand the "reserve" bullshit. What for? Just start the bidding out at whatever your "reserve" is. Is the point to bullshit people and waste time, or what?

What a dreamer. $700! Who'd send him that much money, with 9 feedback, and only 2 of them from actual sales.

And in a more general (ebay) sense......

Personally, I don't understand the "reserve" bullshit. What for? Just start the bidding out at whatever your "reserve" is. Is the point to bullshit people and waste time, or what?

Well reserve never met. Hahah. Final was 152.50.

Edited by 78265317