IGNORED

Help - does anyone have the Apple IIC/E version of Leisure Suit Larry?

SearsRoebuck

Hey all,

I've been playing the Apple II version of Leisure Suit Larry, and I am basically at the end of the game. Just after you blow up the doll and it flies over to the hot tub, so basically, the last screen. Right there though, the disk will not load! Talk about the worst place for it mess up. IF I could just beat this version one time, I'd be happy.

Ebay has a poor selection of loose games, so far thats proven no good. Hoping some one here has a loose copy of the game, or barring that, I would buy a CIB copy again.

have you tried looking for the disk image online and use ADTpro to transfer the data to a disk ?

Seems the IIe/c version isnt dumped. The 'Apple II' version available online is actually the GS version.

Not a bad solution, but in the past Ive been able to keep trying to load and it eventually it does. Not sure why that is, but Ive happened to me before with some other Sierra games I have. This is the first one Ive had that seems to be getting no further.

Edited by dmaxwell

have you tried looking for the disk image online and use ADTpro to transfer the data to a disk ?

Seems the IIe/c version isnt dumped. The 'Apple II' version available online is actually the GS version.

The one here?

ftp://ftp.apple.asimov.net/pub/apple_II/images/games/adventure/leisure_suit_larry/

Is it? Still, Id prefer to have an original working copy of the actual disk as opposed to just a copy.

Is it? Still, Id prefer to have an original working copy of the actual disk as opposed to just a copy.

Gotcha.. You don't want a copy, you just want a ..er.. copy.. um.. :? ;)

Actually, I have the original at home, so I might be able to help you out, if it's good. (I don't know that I've played off of the original disks in years.. and years.. ;-) )

er.. wait..

Did you want an original, not a copy???

desiv

Edited by desiv