IGNORED

Competitor and reworked joysticks

siennalake

:ponder: What is everyone's opinion on the Comp Pro joystick? Is it better or worse than the WICO? I just bought a 5200 and it is on the way (had one as a kid but dad sold it long ago). I remember what a pain it was when the regular joysticks broke so thinking about buying a third party controller. Does anyone have any experience with the reworked regular controllers. I see them advertised on Ebay with new flex circuits and gold contacts instead of carbon as well as the new firing buttons with 6 dots instead of 2. It sounds like a great deal and the ads make it sound like these reworked joysticks work so much better. The biggest draw is the ads say that the new firing buttons are not mushy anymore but rather click making them easier to use. Does anyone have one of these reworked controllers and do they in fact work better? ;)

Thanks for the input, I never played a WICO before. Will have to try to scoop one and give it a try. Anyone else have any thoughts on the competitor joysticks or the reworked joysticks? Don't want to spend $27 for an upgraded joystick if it is not going to work any better than simply cleaning and old joystick.

I have a pair of Wicos and I have to say that they make playing the 5200 SO much easier. One nice feature, and I'm not sure that the Competition Pro has this, is that you can set the sticks to auto return (like most sticks) or to act like regular 5200 sticks. They also have an extremely high quality keypad that you can ususally get with them that is excellent, whereas with the Competition stcks you still need to use your regular 5200 cintroller. I also like the trim adjustment on the Wicos, because the 5200 is basically an analog stick.