IGNORED

WHY NO HOMEBREW GAMES for INTELLIVISION ?

ozma wars

it is a fact, it seems, apart REVOLUTIONIKA, no other homebrew programmers active in 2011...and, on the other side, all the days new games come for 2600 (primitive machine) and ColecoVision.

What about the Blue Sky team ? years ago I was receiveng their newsletters thes nothing. Is their website still active ? new games ?

and why do not surface unfinished games or prototypes ?

before internet era in Europe 1999 - 2000, all our fanzines were hoping new games would have surfaced from US...I am becoming old and Intellivision is now only a shadow. what a pity.

Max

sorry for the confusion, im not a programmer. but i wish i was. icon_smile.gif i was just linking where i got the info from.

i am working on a project to bring something special for intellivision collectors though.

you have a videoplexer for intellivision? me do want. icon_lust.gificon_lust.gificon_lust.gif

and yes, i would like some more intv games before my hair turns gray and i get old too!

Yah, I saw the Videoplexer comment and my brain just processed it as for Atari. I'm pretty sure there's never been one for INTV and if there is I'll be joining Rev at the front of the line to buy a few.

The only thing I could think of was this thing which is I guess a big Videoplexer of sorts.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1106321234351?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110632123435&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I have all two versions, that for the 2600 and for the Intellivision. I supposed it was very common in the U.S. Not so ?

i dont think it sold alot here.

how many intv videoplexers for intellivision do you have?

I don't need to know, if you're making it it's good!!!icon_mrgreen.gif

I have some hardware projects in mind for the Inty too. More details when I've got something to show ;).

maybe a handheld intv?

or a new controller?

or a newly designed console shell?

the suspense is killing me..

the suspense is killing me..

All in good time icon_wink.gif.

I think I know what it is. icon_mrgreen.gif

Yep! Its for that icon_ponder.gificon_wink.gif.

icon_mad.gif AAAAAH! Stop talking in code! icon_mrgreen.gif That's just plain mean! icon_laughingblue.gif

He is making a new system changer for intellivision to play colecovision games.

No kidding? :lust:

Is this possible?

Rev's kidding and wishing J-F. :)

He is making a new system changer for intellivision to play colecovision games.

Hmmmm... Maybe if it was a 7800 changer then you might be on to something :lol:

You told me you want going to tell them yet.

p.s. the new mold looks great. i will ship them this month.

• 4 weeks later...

This thread seems to have died but I would like to add a game to the intellivision 2011 home brew list: Caves of Kroz. I released the demo today on the yahoo intvprog group and also on the download section of my web site home.cogeco.ca/~jadoherty.

Although it's not the full game release, the demo does have four playable levels. And the full version is expected to be released some time in the summer.

Let me know what you think.

Regards.

• Like 2

This thread seems to have died but I would like to add a game to the intellivision 2011 home brew list: Caves of Kroz. I released the demo today on the yahoo intvprog group and also on the download section of my web site home.cogeco.ca/~jadoherty.

Although it's not the full game release, the demo does have four playable levels. And the full version is expected to be released some time in the summer.

Regards.

I haven't downloaded it yet, but I did look at your website and the screen shots look great! :thumbsup: Maybe you could post another thread in the INTV programming section as well, possibly with a game play video?? Are you planning on self-releasing or are you working with someone?

2011 is looking more and more like a great year for the INTV!!!!!! :lust:

Rick Dynamite My link

Stack 'Em My link

Super Pro Space Patrol My link

FUBAR My link

D.K. Arcade My link

All hopefully in 2011.:lust:

Ready to buy them in cartridge form or to trade with items of yr. interest.

I am eventually interested to "finance" a solo-player and implemented version of UTOPIA, my first strategy game, whether you interested. Max

Regards.

I haven't downloaded it yet, but I did look at your website and the screen shots look great! :thumbsup: Maybe you could post another thread in the INTV programming section as well, possibly with a game play video?? Are you planning on self-releasing or are you working with someone?

2011 is looking more and more like a great year for the INTV!!!!!! :lust:

Thanks! That's a good idea. I will post the game there. And, yes, this is a self-release. This was a fairly big project. I'm working on a few smaller projects as well with someone else and hope to have them done within the year. I'm not sure any will reach cartridge form. I won't be offended if it's offered to me. ;) But really, I just enjoy making these games.

Yes, 2011 is a great year for the inty! I'm very excited with all that's going on.

Also, perhaps the games were already brought up in the programming section, but two small home brew games were released just before Christmas on the INTVPROG yahoo group. One is called Christmas Carol and there is other whose name I forget. Both are very entertaining games and both programmers hinted at more to come. So, ya, it seems things are ramping up.

it is a fact, it seems, apart REVOLUTIONIKA, no other homebrew programmers active in 2011...and, on the other side, all the days new games come for 2600 (primitive machine) and ColecoVision.

What about the Blue Sky team ? years ago I was receiveng their newsletters thes nothing. Is their website still active ? new games ?

and why do not surface unfinished games or prototypes ?

before internet era in Europe 1999 - 2000, all our fanzines were hoping new games would have surfaced from US...I am becoming old and Intellivision is now only a shadow. what a pity.

Max

sorry for the confusion, im not a programmer. but i wish i was. icon_smile.gif i was just linking where i got the info from.

i am working on a project to bring something special for intellivision collectors though.

you have a videoplexer for intellivision? me do want. icon_lust.gificon_lust.gificon_lust.gif

and yes, i would like some more intv games before my hair turns gray and i get old too!

Yah, I saw the Videoplexer comment and my brain just processed it as for Atari. I'm pretty sure there's never been one for INTV and if there is I'll be joining Rev at the front of the line to buy a few.

The only thing I could think of was this thing which is I guess a big Videoplexer of sorts.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1106321234351?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110632123435&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I actually have a videoplexer for Intellivision. I only have the one, and I bought it many years ago, but they do exist. if you're interested I can take some pictures later and post them.

• 2 weeks later...

As ATARI AGE says :

This forum is for discussion of the Mattel Intellivision, Atari's primary competitor against the 2600, ...

it is clear that, despite all what I read here, Intellivision is definitively dead.

If we give a look to the impressive number of homebrews released for Atari 2600 ( I hate this console ) and Colecovision, and also look at the number of new projects to be released soon for them...no more hope for Inty fans.

Moon patrol : it is three years I read about it and still not clear if/when will be really available.

Homebrews released till now are nothing special (nothing with programmers, of course).

Blue Angels : a lot of promises but no one prototype ported to us. better if they definitively close their special but no special club.

I love Intellivision.

I considered and still consider Colecovision a superb console but back in the 80's when had all the two...the games I preferred were :

UTOPIA : the first of my 600 strategy games in all formats

SEA BATTLE : the first of my thousand tactical games

SUB HUNT : the first simulation game

i still remember with nostalgy ( I am 43 ) the days italian videogame magazines reporting hundreds letters debate : better the Intellivision or the 2600 ?

Unfortunately, have to say now, 2600 fans were right. They can still play new games (see the great JUNO FIRST even better than the MSX version). We, Intellivision players, can retire, nothing to play here.

Even the Vectrex have more homebrews than Intellivision now and despite the fact there is no specifical forum for it here on AA.

What I really do not understand is also the fact that potential current owners of Intellivision are surely more than those of Colecovision. So, what happen ? what is wrong ?

Intellivision collectors and players of the 80's wake up. Too late ?

Max, Space Patrol came out three years ago and it is an excellent game, one of the best INTV games released period. Joe is apparently working on a Super Space Patrol which may or may not come out anytime soon. That said there are at least 5 INTV games likely to come out this year, maybe more, so I would say it's far from dead, in fact, 2011 will likely be the best year for the INTV in a long time

If we give a look to the impressive number of homebrews released for Atari 2600 ( I hate this console ) and Colecovision, and also look at the number of new projects to be released soon for them...no more hope for Inty fans.

What I really do not understand is also the fact that potential current owners of Intellivision are surely more than those of Colecovision. So, what happen ? what is wrong ?

There's a number of advantages for ColecoVision homebrews, as I see it...

1. The ColecoVision uses a popular processor, the Z80. Support chips for audio and video are also fairly popular.

2. The CV is similar to the SG-1000, and to a lesser extent, the MSX1. There are a number of conversions available.

3. The CV can be programmed in C as well as assembler. There are libraries and tutorials available which make it quite simple to get started. I'm not sure what's available for the Intellivision, but the CV material is fairly mature, and has been and still is promoted quite well. The Intv material may be just as good (I don't know), but it's definitely not advertised or promoted as well, as far as I can see.

4. There's a number of suppliers for blank cartridge PCBs for the CV. The fact that the CV PCB is simple helps, too. I've seen some information that would help create an Intv PCB, but I haven't seen a simple explanation or schematic. If anyone's willing to share (logic or schematics), that would be appreciated. :)

5. Cartridges casings are likely more difficult to find for the CV, but there's brand new ones available also.

There may be more, but this is what I just thought of right now.

Max, Space Patrol came out three years ago and it is an excellent game, one of the best INTV games released period. Joe is apparently working on a Super Space Patrol which may or may not come out anytime soon. That said there are at least 5 INTV games likely to come out this year, maybe more, so I would say it's far from dead, in fact, 2011 will likely be the best year for the INTV in a long time

ops

noted, sorry

I never found it for sale and italian websites for Inty not more updated

sorry again