IGNORED

Paypal - Confirm my Bank Account

AtariLeaf

I opened a new checking account to transfer my paypal funds to but I keep getting emails from paypal wanting to "confirm" my bank account. Now I don't need it to receive funds since I've already gotten them in the account without confirming it. I fear there is some danger of giving them access to account and wanted some advice before I proceed.

I opened a new checking account to transfer my paypal funds to but I keep getting emails from paypal wanting to "confirm" my bank account. Now I don't need it to receive funds since I've already gotten them in the account without confirming it. I fear there is some danger of giving them access to account and wanted some advice before I proceed.

If you want your account fully functional, you need to do it. I've done this with two checking accounts with no problem. As I recall, all they do is deposit a couple of cents into your checking account to make sure it's a legitimate account and the transaction goes through.

If you ever do decide to buy something and use PayPal to pay. You'll be all set up. You can also link it to your credit card and use either your credit card or checking account to pay for purchases.

Edited by jblenkle
  • Like 1

Just don't attach any bank account that you have a large savings in or have your weekly paycheck deposited in. If Paypal says you have some problem with a transaction, you might have trouble getting the rest of your money. Do a search here on AA to see the problems people have had with Paypal.

Allan

• Like 1

Thanks, I think I'll forgo linking it. I use my credit card to pay for purchases if there is no money in paypal and I just transfer from my main bank account to the credit card to pay for things.

Yes this is a separate checking account I opened. I soon as I get a couple hundred bucks in sales I transfer it to this account and then take it out right away.

A fellow I know sold a baseball card for about $1500 and the buyer claimed it was fake and mailed it back. The card sent back was a fake - the buyer switched cards. And since paypal seems to always side with the buyer they took $800 out of his paypal and wanted to take the other $700 out of his bank account. Luckily he DIDN'T confirm his bank account and he's glad he didn't as paypal would have just taken his $700 out of his account.

Thanks, I think I'll forgo linking it. I use my credit card to pay for purchases if there is no money in paypal and I just transfer from my main bank account to the credit card to pay for things.

Yes this is a separate checking account I opened. I soon as I get a couple hundred bucks in sales I transfer it to this account and then take it out right away.

A fellow I know sold a baseball card for about $1500 and the buyer claimed it was fake and mailed it back. The card sent back was a fake - the buyer switched cards. And since paypal seems to always side with the buyer they took $800 out of his paypal and wanted to take the other $700 out of his bank account. Luckily he DIDN'T confirm his bank account and he's glad he didn't as paypal would have just taken his $700 out of his account.

Not exactly what PayPal does, The amount sets in the PayPal account as a negative amount. They wait until you try to buy something then send it thru as a requested transaction. If you don't approve it you can't buy thru PayPal. Probably legally the only way they can do it. Anyway if you did not approve the transfer you could just call the bank and stop/reverse it.

With my bank, in addition to my current accounts I was able to get a savings account with a separate number that gets 10 free transactions a month. I linked that to PayPal. I have used it several times without any issues. When I receive money, I can transfer funds to any of my other accounts, and when I am planning a major purchase I just transfer in enough funds to cover the transaction only. :thumbsup: