IGNORED

Another fake Pepsi Invaders on ebay

OldAtarian

I contacted the seller, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and kindly told him that it was a repro. Didn't report it to EBay. Linked to Atarimania so he can see what a real one looks like.

EDIT: Got a response back from the seller allready:

"This is the real thing. after I found it in my attic I decided to photoshop a few labels on it to make it look better on the images section of ebay."

:roll: :ponder:

Edited by SoulBlazer

ya i got this response " Please reread the description. I said that I Glued a Photoshoped label I made on it after I found it so any buyers could easily sort it out on the shelf if they wanted to play it." I may buy it. How could it not be real. I know i put photoshopped labels on all my $2000 games so i can find them easier

I contacted the seller, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and kindly told him that it was a repro. Didn't report it to EBay. Linked to Atarimania so he can see what a real one looks like.

EDIT: Got a response back from the seller allready:

"This is the real thing. after I found it in my attic I decided to photoshop a few labels on it to make it look better on the images section of ebay."

:roll: :ponder:

You're in Providence? We must be cousins or something...

If I'm understanding this correctly, he supposedly glued a new label on an old cart? Isn't that the same as altering or defacing it?

Not really in this case because the real carts never had any labels on them to begin with. Only proper way to tell is looking at the circuit board and chip inside.

If I'm understanding this correctly, he supposedly glued a new label on an old cart? Isn't that the same as altering or defacing it?

Not really in this case because the real carts never had any labels on them to begin with. Only proper way to tell is looking at the circuit board and chip inside.

I see. Well let's presume that it's legit. Shouldn't it be offered in it's original form? Perhaps he could offer the unattatched label seperately.

London... are you just getting up or going to sleep?

Edit: You know what's funny, Mayhem? The time on my reply reads 5 hours ahead, your time in the UK...

Edited by toptenmaterial