IGNORED

<Lastest Fighting/Shmup Game Release> Get Togethers?

I was wondering if anyone was interested in maybe having some smaller get togethers when new fighting games, Shmups, or other multiplayer games are released. For example MvC 3 drops today and I thought it would be cool to get together and have some matches (even though I stink on ice at fighting games). I had a blast this weekend, but once every two or three months seems too long to wait until the next get together.

Ideas? Suggestions? Comments? I'm more than willing to volunteer my humble abode now and then, although my upstairs game room tends to get cramped with more than 3 or 4 people in it.

Tempest

Ok we need two things then:

1. A place to meet

2. Games to play

Suggestions? My upstairs is pretty small and can only fit about three people comfortably. I also only own two modern fighting games: MvC 2 and Street Fighter 4. I have a few for my Saturn and DC, but I'd have to look.

Tempest

Ok we need two things then:

1. A place to meet

2. Games to play

My girlfriend works 12s all weekend so we can do this at my place, but we'll have to start no earlier than 6:30, which...is fine by me but others might want to start earlier.

Suggestions? My upstairs is pretty small and can only fit about three people comfortably. I also only own two modern fighting games: MvC 2 and Street Fighter 4. I have a few for my Saturn and DC, but I'd have to look.

Tempest

As for the games: I have tons of them. I don't think any of them are "modern" but there they are. I'll bring any systems needed for them. Most are for Saturn, but I have some PS2, and then of course there is the Neo. I also have some sticks.

Fixed the quoting for you there. :)

6:30PM (I'm assuming PM not AM ;)) is fine by me. They don't have to be modern games, but I thought thats what everyone would be into. If you have the systems, I can bring some games too.

What systems do you have? Do you have a 360?

Tempest

Pshhh... ain't got no 360. Please.

My newest system is the Wii, and the 2nd newest is the GC.

I do have a PS2 with Neo Geo Battle Coloseum, KOF XI and KOF 98 UM (although I prefer the original). I also have a Saturn with Street Fighter Zero, Zero 2, Super Turbo, Pocket Fighter, Waku Waku 7, all KOFs, MSHvsSF, Puzzle Fighter and probably more. I also have Gundam Battle Assault for PS1 (pretty cool).

Then there is the DC with CvS2, MvC2, etc.

I'm sure I have a lot more, I just can't remember them.

Edited by SignOfZeta

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to pick up the latest fighters, but since I don't have a JP 360 system I'm generally out of luck on the shooters (though with a friend of mine coming back from Japan in April, I'm thinking of giving her the money to get me one if I can afford it). As for hosting, I kinda am outta luck on that front too, but certainly I have stuff I can bring if it goes down at some point again.