IGNORED

SCSIcide Super Score!!!

Cupcakus

I've been playing around with the flash cart today a lot more than I have been working on it... (Wouldn't you?) ha ha ha...

Anyway I've always wanted to play SCSIcide but couldn't because emulated paddle games is a waste of time... so I threw it in, and did pretty well for my first few tries....

I heard that if I could beat Joe's score of 175k he'd give me a free Pixels Past Koozie!!!!! and I can't pass up a free Koozie... think of the warm beer that was counting on me to succeed?

18C0CC was my best score... I tried again and couldn't even get close to that again... :-) perhaps now that I won the Koozie I have lost all motivation? :-)

It would be interesting to see who can beat my score now.... (Todd's not invited ;-) )

post-2302-1039832210_thumb.jpg

post-2302-1039832211_thumb.jpg

I heard that if I could beat Joe's score of 175k he'd give me a free Pixels Past Koozie!!!!! and I can't pass up a free Koozie... think of the warm beer that was counting on me to succeed?

Silly Cupcakus, I got one free at the AA booth in Vegas! Of course, it probably helps that I bought a copy of SCSIside while I was there. :ponder: :D

And yes, I use it for my Budweiser all the time. ;)

Congrats!!!  That's an awesome score.

P.S.  The new flash cart looks great.  I'm hoping for a general release  :)

What difficulty settings are you using? With lane-to-lane jumping and the smaller read head I've gotten at least 160K that I can recall...

I think... maybe I'm adding an extra zero :ponder: :?:

Hah! Nice score :) Stay tuned for your koozie (Budweiser not included) :D

My high score is 174E10. The first two digits (first byte) is the level - so I was at level 17 hex (23 decimal) with a score of 4E10. Cupcakus rocked me.

You'd know if you had the large drive head - it's BIG. Smooth motion is definetely harder than the track-to-track, since you can misread data bits easier.

Stay tuned to AA for a possible SCSIcide High Score Contest. Lubricate your paddles! Maybe next time the award will be an autographed koozie :) or possibly the next generation label and manual. :roll:

Joe

• 8 months later...
Got my Koozie today!!!!!!!!!

Yeah baby!!!! It's a major award!!!! The package said, "FRAGEEEEL", I think it's Italian.

I put it in the window, and made sure it looked great from across the street :D :D :D :D

LOL - love that "A Christmas Story" reference :D . "Why it could be a bowling alley"

• 5 months later...
This thread inspired me to try SCSIcide for the first time.  I received it a few days ago from the AtariAge.com Store and absolutely love it (how can you not like a great paddle game?)   8)

Your timing is very amusing, as I just looked at this thread a few hours ago, before you posted your message, because I managed to best my high score and beat Joe's.. I was cleaning some paddles and figured SCSIcide would be a good way to test them. :)

SCSIcide.jpg

Looks like I'll need to play a little longer so I can get to level 0x1A. :)

..Al

Your timing is very amusing, as I just looked at this thread a few hours ago, before you posted your message, because I managed to best my high score and beat Joe's..  I was cleaning some paddles and figured SCSIcide would be a good way to test them.  :)

It looks like my color palette is more amusing - either my Heavy Sixer needs a pot adjustment or it's my 'vintage' TV :o

Keep at it - you are very close!

It looks like my color palette is more amusing - either my Heavy Sixer needs a pot adjustment or it's my 'vintage' TV  :o

I took my picture without a flash, so it was exposed for longer in order for the image to show up. But this generally results in a pretty clean image as long as nothing's moving onscreen. :)

Keep at it - you are very close!

When I have some time I'll have to sit in front of the television, concentrate, and see what happens. I only took that picture to show it to Joe so I could brag about beating his high score. I wasn't going to post it in this thread until I saw your message and your great score..

..Al