IGNORED

Another Adventure

keithbk

We've all been here before...we love Adventure, but we want MORE...

So, what is different about this new version of the beloved game of Adventure? Well, thanks to Nukey, quite a bit!

1) Enhanced Graphics, including flippable redesigned dragons

2) A sword that changes directions with you as you move

3) The bat now resurrects dead dragons (better keep tabs on that sword!!!)

While this will contain additional rooms, I'm not trying to go overboard with this project, and I'm not planning on complete redesign of all the mazes. I have attached some images and a playable file (this is NOT complete yet-I want to do quite a bit more, but it is completely playable/winnable). Here are some pics, I'd love to get your feedback:

ataris10.jpg

ataris11.jpg

ataris12.jpg

ataris13.jpg

anotheradventure.bin

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Woohoo! First to download! LOL

We've all been here before...we love Adventure, but we want MORE...

So, what is different about this new version of the beloved game of Adventure? Well, thanks to Nukey, quite a bit!

1) Enhanced Graphics, including flippable redesigned dragons

2) A sword that changes directions with you as you move

3) The bat now resurrects dead dragons (better keep tabs on that sword!!!)

While this will contain additional rooms, I'm not trying to go overboard with this project, and I'm not planning on complete redesign of all the mazes. I have attached some images and a playable file (this is NOT complete yet-I want to do quite a bit more, but it is completely playable/winnable). Here are some pics, I'd love to get your feedback:

ataris10.jpg

ataris11.jpg

ataris12.jpg

ataris13.jpg

Awesome look to the castles and mazes! Didn't have time to play thru level 3 yet, but did check out the dragons' return to life---cool idea. The dragon images look a little disjointed to me, so I would suggest working on those a little more. Overall, a great job :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Awesome look to the castles and mazes! Didn't have time to play thru level 3 yet, but did check out the dragons' return to life---cool idea. The dragon images look a little disjointed to me, so I would suggest working on those a little more. Overall, a great job :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm thinking of tweaking the dragons quite a bit ;)

ataris13.jpg

Isn't it holding the arrow from the wrong end?

The orignal has always been a sword. It's unfortunate it has always appeared to most as an arrow, but the concept is something like this:

Original Sprite:

X
X
XXXXXXXX
X
 X

Concept (if it were bigger, it would likely appear something like this):

XXX
 XX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 XX
 XXX

Problem (this when rendered looks like a sideways cross and not a sword):

X
 X
XXXXXXXX
 X
 X

So, to make this look right, we went with the following design (which looks great when facing away from the player icon):

X
X X
XXXXXXXX
 X
 X

Edited by keithbk

Wrong forum. AFAIK, the programming/hacks and marketplace forums allow editing to non-subscribers...but all others only feature editing for a short time after posting.

Could send the mods a message to move the thread into the 2600 hacks forum ;)

Edited by Nukey Shay

Okie, I will move over to there then... I just never seem to be able to find the hack forum. I would assume it would be a forum under programming, but I don't see it there.

Ah, found it...

Here's a link to that section, which will be maintained with up-to-date .bin files as I progress through this project.

CLICK HERE - UPDATED FILE

Edited by keithbk

Isn't it holding the arrow from the wrong end?

The orignal has always been a sword. It's unfortunate it has always appeared to most as an arrow, but the concept is something like this:

Original Sprite:

X
X
XXXXXXXX
X
 X

Concept (if it were bigger, it would likely appear something like this):

XXX
 XX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 XX
 XXX

Problem (this when rendered looks like a sideways cross and not a sword):

X
 X
XXXXXXXX
 X
 X

So, to make this look right, we went with the following design (which looks great when facing away from the player icon):

X
X X
XXXXXXXX
 X
 X

Sorry, I should have added a ;) ! I knew that, there have been many posts about people being confused!

BTW, I like the way you altered it.

Please use the link to grab the latest version; I'm now in the process of adding some new areas, so I'm still working on this project heavily.

The linked post begins with the identical pictures and info as above, but the file is being updated in that post, where I cannot edit it in this part of the forum.

Edited by keithbk

• 10 years later...
1 hour ago, keithbk said:

Someone just asked me where the last "finished" file for this game was located and I found it here in this thread. There was another thread that had an older, unfinished version. This SHOULD be the proper final version.

Based on attachment IDs, the one in this post is newer.

• Like 1