IGNORED

Atari Analog Input - A/D Converter

Blues76

Alphasys, if you have time, can you give a How to (for non-expert) how to build this circuit... like part numbers and so forth... or anyone else for that matter...

thank you

Once I've dug up the relevant schematics or hardware (to be able to reproduce the schematic), I'll give all the data you'll need. More than that even. That'll be a thread of its own I guess. I'll have to create a thread just for the 130XE+ in any case. Some of the extensions might need a thread of themselves even. Yeah, it's that much. It wouldn't fit in the original XE housing anymore, even with distance bushings and a gap, it would not fit right.

Part numbers may be a problem, except when it comes to IC's. I've noticed that transistor designations are quite different in the US. Other stuff just has values, so that won't be a problem and you can find part numbers for them easily, but the form factor may differ a bit. Won't be a real trouble though.

In any case, I intend to explain the workings of the hardware, as well as how to put it together. I'll even throw in some remarks about what would be different when using higher/lower values of components.

I'm not an electronics expert though. I only been to a higher technical school for 4 years. In the electronics division. So I'm knowledgeable, yet no expert.

[Editreason]Typofixes.[/Editreason]

Well, you know a lot more than I do , since I'm a CS person, so I don't know much about electronics. Whatever you can provide will be welcome.

thank you

Alphasys, if you have time, can you give a How to (for non-expert) how to build this circuit... like part numbers and so forth... or anyone else for that matter...

thank you

Once I've dug up the relevant schematics or hardware (to be able to reproduce the schematic), I'll give all the data you'll need. More than that even. That'll be a thread of its own I guess. I'll have to create a thread just for the 130XE+ in any case. Some of the extensions might need a thread of themselves even. Yeah, it's that much. It wouldn't fit in the original XE housing anymore, even with distance bushings and a gap, it would not fit right.

Part numbers may be a problem, except when it comes to IC's. I've noticed that transistor designations are quite different in the US. Other stuff just has values, so that won't be a problem and you can find part numbers for them easily, but the form factor may differ a bit. Won't be a real trouble though.

In any case, I intend to explain the workings of the hardware, as well as how to put it together. I'll even throw in some remarks about what would be different when using higher/lower values of components.

I'm not an electronics expert though. I only been to a higher technical school for 4 years. In the electronics division. So I'm knowledgeable, yet no expert.

[Editreason]Typofixes.[/Editreason]

Alphasys.... have you been able to find anything at all?

thanks

• 12 years later...

Yes, I'm reviving a dead thread - apologies!  The thread on Blabbermouth prompted me to search for the Antic article on a homemade sampler.  I made this device and still have it - not sure if it still works, but back in the day it was awesome.

It's not logistically great, but before I had the money to purchase the synths I now have, the Atari computer worked great for this!

• Like 1