IGNORED

Happy Birthday Link!

Mendon

Another question..... has anyone ever seen one of these Ocarina of Time Special Editions? I had never heard/seen this before until reading about it in one of the 1up stories.

According to the picture text, "One of the best Zelda games around got a very limited special-edition version at retail. It came in a nifty wooden-looking box which contained the game and a snazzy T-shirt baring its logo. Some versions also included a keen gold pin of a sword and shield, branded simply with the word "Zelda."

I've never heard of that, but it's probably not a US release either. There's no ESRB information on there. I don't see any Japanese text, so perhaps it's a UK or Australian release. The fact that the cart is gray is odd, though. Even for a regional difference, you would think the cart would be gold for a special edition like that.

Another question..... has anyone ever seen one of these Ocarina of Time Special Editions? I had never heard/seen this before until reading about it in one of the 1up stories.

According to the picture text, "One of the best Zelda games around got a very limited special-edition version at retail. It came in a nifty wooden-looking box which contained the game and a snazzy T-shirt baring its logo. Some versions also included a keen gold pin of a sword and shield, branded simply with the word "Zelda."

I've never heard of that, but it's probably not a US release either. There's no ESRB information on there. I don't see any Japanese text, so perhaps it's a UK or Australian release. The fact that the cart is gray is odd, though. Even for a regional difference, you would think the cart would be gold for a special edition like that.

Are we talking about GC Master Quest?

Edit: nevermind, he meant cart variation... oops.

Edited by toptenmaterial

The real version of Ura Zelda would also make for a nice addition to the other unreleased in North America Zelda content for a nice anniversary disc.

The Zelda community generally seems to feel like Master Quest was just a recent dungeon edit of Ocarina of Time to craft a second quest that was falsely portrayed as the cancelled expansion project, rather than the N64DD project that was killed off just prior to completion. The GCN version didn't deliver on most of the promises that we had been told about Ura Zelda, didn't need the 4MB expansion pack or the N64 DD as people have discovered when they played the dump on real hardware, was the same size as Ocarina of Time, didn't have the promised new enemies, areas, dungeons, dungeon locations, etc.).

As for that special edition, I'm pretty sure it's not real. I read everything there was to read about Ocarina of Time leading up to release and I never saw such a thing in the North American press.

If it is real, it certainly wasn't sold at retail here in North America.

Edit - It's the special edition from Germany and was only available in very small numbers.

You would've thought they'd at least of used a gold cartridge for it.

Edited by Atariboy