IGNORED

Saturn Action Replay Plus - KoF 97

ydcl

Hi all,

I just bought an action replay cartridge for my Sega Saturn and a King of Fighters 97 import. I put the disc in along with the cartridge and it tells me that the disc is not for my system.

The action replay card I bought says that I can play imports on the guys FAQ... Maybe I am not doing it right...

This is the item I bought:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1805741962291?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180574196229&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

and this is the game:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1206766558731?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120676655873&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Can anyone let me know?

Thanks!

Yan

Are you getting a menu at all with the cartridge plugged in? The slot can be finicky, I think you need to also hold down some buttons when booting to engage the region overide?

UPDATE: according to online FAQ: http://www.consoledatabase.com/faq/segasaturn/segasaturnfaq.txt

Apparently for the GAMESHARK:

"You can also play imports using Interact's Game Shark accessory.

Just press Start while holding down X+Y+Z when the Game Shark asks

if you want to start the game with/without enhancements. Newer Game

Sharks apparently let you just press Start without having to hold

down X+Y+Z when it asks that question."

I am guessing it might be the same for Action Replay?

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

Are you getting a menu at all with the cartridge plugged in? The slot can be finicky, I think you need to also hold down some buttons when booting to engage the region overide?

No, only the Saturn disc menu... Nothing that boots up anything, same menu as if you put no disc at all... I think it is not recognizing the action replay...

No, only the Saturn disc menu... Nothing that boots up anything, same menu as if you put no disc at all... I think it is not recognizing the action replay...

I have had this issue, as I say the cart slot is one of the more troublesome/finicky. Blow into slot and cartridge, make sure it is inserted firmly, you may have to plug in and out a few times but you should be getting a menu for the cartridge for sure. I get a menu for my Gameshark and my action replay, just keep at it.

Apparently KOF '95 requires it's own bundled proprietary 1MB cart, I am not sure if this is the same for KOF 97. Either way, you should have a menu.

periSATactionreplay-02.jpg

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

I have had this issue, as I say the cart slot is one of the more troublesome/finicky. Blow into slot and cartridge, make sure it is inserted firmly, you may have to plug in and out a few times but you should be getting a menu for the cartridge for sure. I get a menu for my Gameshark and my action replay, just keep at it.

Apparently KOF '95 requires it's own bundled proprietary 1MB cart, I am not sure if this is the same for KOF 97. Either way, you should have a menu.

periSATactionreplay-02.jpg

Thanks for your help, on the 2nd try the menu came up and it works perfectly! :)

Yup. They are finicky. Another word of advice......once you get it in and working......leave it. They say that taking the cartridge in and out all the time will eventually wear out the contacts.

Its a 4mb ram cartridge also, so there is no point in taking it out. I left it in there.

Yup. They are finicky. Another word of advice......once you get it in and working......leave it. They say that taking the cartridge in and out all the time will eventually wear out the contacts.

I leave mine in constantly and still need to reseat it regularly. I know of other people who have the same issue. I'm not 100% certain if the slot itself is at fault or if the action reply carts might be a tad too thin. Given I've never had this problem with the official RAM cart, I choose to blame to Action Reply :)