IGNORED

High Score Club 9.01 - Millipede

Ze_ro

I don't know if my eyes go up and down and so forth, but at times I reach a point at which i enter some kind of a sensory-overloaded fugue state and my brain just shuts down, as my precious lives rapidly slip away.....

icon_laughingblue.gif That sensory-overloaded brain state sounds so very familiar ...

Yes, Gorfy explains it well... I think we all have had this. My brain overloads and shut off, for a second... and then a plane swoops down and hits the side of my Square shooting device. Oops! I didn't even notice it was there, 'till I was hit! :twisted:

The feeling of my eyes "working" is after the game is over with and I try to go to sleep. Or just shut my eyes and sit. Feels like I'm coming down from a Millipede high... :P Or an eye workout with Jane Fonda...

I don't know if my eyes go up and down and so forth, but at times I reach a point at which i enter some kind of a sensory-overloaded fugue state and my brain just shuts down, as my precious lives rapidly slip away.....

icon_laughingblue.gif That sensory-overloaded brain state sounds so very familiar ...

Yes, Gorfy explains it well... I think we all have had this. My brain overloads and shut off, for a second... and then a plane swoops down and hits the side of my Square shooting device. Oops! I didn't even notice it was there, 'till I was hit! :twisted:

The feeling of my eyes "working" is after the game is over with and I try to go to sleep. Or just shut my eyes and sit. Feels like I'm coming down from a Millipede high... :POr an eye workout with Jane Fonda...

Must be after watching Barbarella! :love:

Ok...

This game is great for the 2600. So much is going on.

I played it as a youngster. I used to keep score sheets on certain games. Back then I broke 300,000 once. I broke 250,000 6 times.

So I will be happy to break 250,000 25+ years later. A lifetime, and I do mean a lifetime, later my current high score is...

Vocelli: 192,820

post-28484-129942888702_thumb.jpg

The feeling of my eyes "working" is after the game is over with and I try to go to sleep. Or just shut my eyes and sit. Feels like I'm coming down from a Millipede high... :P Or an eye workout with Jane Fonda...

Must be after watching Barbarella! :love:

LOL... is there a chance of a Barbarella 2600 homebrew game?!

Perhaps with Millipede (acid trip) gameplay,

"Fingers crossed"

Unfortunately, Jane Fonda didn't maintain that cool 'n sexy sci-fi chick in her subsequent roles, maybe "Monster In Law" was close... :P

Hi Amstari. Welcome to the HSC! :)

How's the Compumate stuff coming along?

Thanks Gorfy! I'm going to try Millipede again today.

I'm still working on the Compumate stuff and will do a post about it soon. Programming on the Compumate can be fun but very frustrating too!

I've discovered that what drives me crazy, the most, in this game is the slow-motion demise. I shoot the inchworm, everything is moving at half-speed, and then it's "Alright! Now just stay away from the spider and the wave is coming up and..............NOOOOOOOO!!!........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!" It feels like a Matrix movie, except that I actually get hit.

After a night of at least '7' scores above 100ks...

here's a TINY 2,000 improvement.

At some point during one game, the spiders came in 3's... is that normal, or did I hit select to a "higher difficulty" before hand?? :ponder:

The red fire on my joystick is starting to peel it's skin now

Early on, tonight I got insanely frustrated, and blurted out a new Millipede saying...

"UGH!, would you f__k the f__k off already!?"

post-3059-129956577716_thumb.jpg

post-3059-129956612068_thumb.jpg

post-3059-129956614194_thumb.jpg