IGNORED

Need some help identifying an old game..

slyde

As you guys may have read from some of my other posts, im new to the forums after recently rediscovering my old 800.

Ive gone through a good portion of the disks i have and have been replaying many of my old favorite games.

But i keep waiting to find one game in particular, that was one of my all-time favorites that i cannot for the life of me remember the name of.

In the game, you were in some kind of tank, and could use the joystick to navigate, first-person, through a landscape (kinda Battlezone-esq). When the enemies shot at you, they would fire a slew of these big, beachball-sized bullets at you. Much time spent in the game revolved around quickly running behind barricades and using them for shelter as you could hear a dozen balls bounce off the impediment. Getting hit by a stray, rebounding bullet was not uncommon.

This game should still be in my collection, but i read through all the names on the labels of all of my disks and none of them are ringing a bell.

I'm sure that such a collection of veteran gamers like yourselves surely know what game im drawing a blank on...

anyone?

Edited by slyde

Smells like DeathZone or Encounter

You meant "or Encounter "

But you've piqued my interest in Deathzone.

i cant see any of the hyperlinks here at work, but the more i think about it, it is DEFINITELY Encounter. Can't wait to play it tonight!

thanks again!

annnnnd, Encounter it was!

Played it for an hour last night... i still love that game!

thanks again! :)

Speaking of lost games....

My father (god rest his soul) use to play this game a long time ago. Believe it was set in a castle or mansion, top down. moving your character around, if you went into the bell tower it would say flash on the screen "bats in the bell tower" or something to that effect? really hard to remember much on that game. dont know why I think it was partially written in basic?

Speaking of lost games....

My father (god rest his soul) use to play this game a long time ago. Believe it was set in a castle or mansion, top down. moving your character around, if you went into the bell tower it would say flash on the screen "bats in the bell tower" or something to that effect? really hard to remember much on that game. dont know why I think it was partially written in basic?

hmmm, off the top of my head, that doesnt ring a bell, but as i said, im only just coming back into these games after a 20 year hiatus, so im admittedly still VERY rusty and uninformed...

Based on the bell tower I'd have assumed it was Quasimodo. But that ganme's not top-down...

thats funny.. quasimodo was the first game that came to my mind as well. but i agree, as i recall quasi was a side scroller, but admittedly i havent gotten to that one yet in my games rediscovery.

Based on the bell tower I'd have assumed it was Quasimodo. But that ganme's not top-down...

thats funny.. quasimodo was the first game that came to my mind as well. but i agree, as i recall quasi was a side scroller, but admittedly i havent gotten to that one yet in my games rediscovery.

No, if anything it was closer to shamus (the first one) with multiple rooms but rough graphics and way less arcadeish. Think it was mostly black and white color graphics too.