IGNORED

GP2X WIZ and A320 DINGOO emulation consoles

SegaShooters

Well I never got a Pandora. My wife had a pre-order all set for my birthday but when I got the certificate in my email I told her to cancel it. Thankfully she did.

I never finalized the order for the Caanoo (so never got one).

Since all of this discussion took place 6 years ago I STILL use my PSP for portable emulation and I still love it.

I would not say no to a GPD WIN 2 though. ;)

• Like 2

Was reading this old thread and wanted to reply and add that I still have my GP2x Wiz and the screen still looks great with no spotting. I've recently been playing some games via ScummVM and even with the small size, it works great for that. Someday, I guess I'll get something else with a bigger screen, but for now it still gets the job done.

I still have the GP2x WIZ and it works great (may need new battery, it only lasts for an hour or so). The Mr Driller on it is top notch! Very nice handheld.

But, since I got JXD S5800, the Wiz is sitting in the drawer. (the JXDs dpad is little rubbery for my taste)

JXD runs everything, upto Dreamcast. PS1 is perfect on it. N64 needs some work.

One more thing, JXD emulates Nintendo DS perfectly too.

Edited by amiman99
  • Like 1

I still have my GP2X, Wiz, and Canoo. I even randomly found the Canoo hardware housed in a GP2X shell (used for English courses in Korea, apparently it can be jailbroken but didn't bother).

I dearly loved those little consoles. It's a shame the Pandora never really took off the ground, and the Pyra feels a bit too little too late.

I like the GPD Win as replacement, it has its flaws but is a portable Steam machine, enough for 2D gaming.

I miss the community around the handhelds though... some nice homebrew games had popped up over the years.

Edited by Newsdee
  • Like 1

I'm new to these emulation handheld consoles but can anyone in the know advise me whether either of these units allow for direct transfer of files (ROMS) via USB port from the PC or must you use SD cards?

Thank you.

I want to respond on topic:

I have both devices. Both consoles can be accessed using the USB

On Dingoo, it will show up as storage device, if you have the SD card inserted, then it will show up too, so you don't have to remove the card. Dingoo uses standard usb cable.

On the Wiz, when you plug the cable to usb, the Wiz will ask you which storage you want to use, internal or external or none, and then it show up as storage device on the PC. Wiz uses custom cable, so if you buy it, make sure you have the cable, or you will not be able to charge it.

If there's anywhere that "necroposting" shouldn't be a problem, it's AtariAge, where everyone loves technology from 1982 and there's no detail too unworthy of obsessive attention.

Totally, I'm the one who bumped the thread in the first place . . . I'm a hypocrite as always.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Since this is bumped, I figure I'll add something. I figure somebody interested in portable emulation may look here.

This is my new portable emulation. I do not have the 2018 update, and it's still great.It's Android with built-in retro controls.

My only complaint, as sad as this sounds, is that age hasn't been good to my eyes. Although the screen is bigger than the Gp2x varieties, it's still hard for me to see sometimes. Vertical games are especially smaller, since they do not use the entire screen. I find the controls better than my Gp2x, but they still cramp my hands a little. Neither would have back in the day.

GPD XD Plus

Review

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...