IGNORED

Video 61 Speedo RPM Cartridge

ianoid

I picked up one of these, and I can't seem to figure out how it works. I enter the drive number (1) and it runs a moment, but the drive speed indicator never changes. It doesn't seem to read the speed of my 1050 using my 800xl. I have tried it with and without the included Speed Test disk.

Anyone use one of these or know where a manual is posted?

I picked up one of these, and I can't seem to figure out how it works. I enter the drive number (1) and it runs a moment, but the drive speed indicator never changes. It doesn't seem to read the speed of my 1050 using my 800xl. I have tried it with and without the included Speed Test disk.

I don't know about the Speedo RPM cartridge. I do know that SmartDOS 6.1 has a speed check and does double density.

I don't know about the Speedo RPM cartridge. I do know that SmartDOS 6.1 has a speed check and does double density.

Also, there's a Sparta RPM.COM. testing in emulator seems RPM is very high 400+, SmartDOS says 342, with SIO speed up patch, 260 without patch.

I would guess you gotta hit a drive number, then wait a while it should access the drive and give you a speed.

sometimes the speedo cart can be picky. you might have to enter the drive number, and hit return a few times in a row, till it stays reading. then give it a few moments, it will display your speed.