IGNORED

Combat II Advanced Cartridge

ziggystar

So What does everyone think of their Combat II Cart that got one? I have only sent 25 to Albert and he's only sold half. I'm not going to make anymore of the gold label ones so you better pick them up while you can. I've got 25 more here so that will make 50. I guess 100 was too many. Let me know what you think of the game. Everybody I've heard from says they like it.

Thanks!

John

I haven't purchased it yet because I'm so busy finishing my own game's manufacturing, but I think it looks very nice visually, from screen shots.

I see you not only put tanks but also jets and submarines!

Here are some cold hard questions for you!

1. Is there a "Vs the computer" 1-player mode?

2. Are ricocheting shots in the tank version? I loved those in the 2600 orginal. If not, what kinds of shots are there, are any guided?

There is a Computer Player In One Player mode.

Due to the way the new game works, there are no ricocheting shots but there are heat seeking missles, machine guns and other fun weapons. Also in Combat 1 Scoring mode when the players get shot they spin around and bounce to another location on screen like in C1.

Cool! I just wondered if maybe people didn't realize it was for sale!

I knew it was for sale, but there are so many quality homebrews these days. Just in the last few months I've bought Marble Craze, Thrust+, QB, and Koffi.

So I would like to continue to support the 5200 homebrew scene but I was waiting for some reviews of your game, the one thing that really sold me on Koffi was the demos that were released. I knew it was fun and would play it more than just keep it on the shelf. That would help me buy Combat II sooner, but if you decided not to release it then it would take some more recommendations from trusted players for me to buy it.

The cart label and the screens look great by the way, but that doesn't make me run out and buy :)

After playing the game several more times, I like the graphics/levels a lot. Moving the tank has proven difficult at times, regardless of what type of joystick I use. I hope to see more homebrews from you in the future for the 5200. It's nice to see what Atari could have done with this system had they put it out earlier.