IGNORED

Death Trap

Victor Marsillo

Yeah I noticed it on my watch list

That's more than a little upsetting. I had e-mailed the seller, asking if there were any noticeable flaws, or a price sticker, on the box, and he said no, which was yesterday. Today, it's "no longer available." *sigh*

Welcome to the real world...Side-Dealer City :D

No self respecting, reputable dealer on eBay would do such a thing...but are there actually any of those left???

@BennyBingo:Few and far between my friend. :( They are out there though :)

Daugher sold it in her shop; possible??? Translation...someone made me a good cash offer on the side and I took it.

Cheers, FB :cool:

It's really sad...I have a ton of stuff I have avoided buying on eBay just because it is so unscrupulous these days. I'm also apprehensive to sell on there as well. I hear horror stories all the time about buyers who open up a (fraudulent) complaint case with eBay and end up getting a refund without returning items! Nonsense!

I hate to say it but I have done the same thing before as well. If someone offers me significantly more than what it is worth I have ended auctions before. I sell magazines to support my Atari habbit and only spend the money that I make. More money I can get more games, simple but money talks and unfortunately I too have done the exact same thing that agravates me as well.

I hate to say it but I have done the same thing before as well. If someone offers me significantly more than what it is worth I have ended auctions before. I sell magazines to support my Atari habbit and only spend the money that I make. More money I can get more games, simple but money talks and unfortunately I too have done the exact same thing that agravates me as well.

When in Rome ;)

I like how people keep complaining about side deals. They suck, but there's nothing you can do with them, ultimately the seller can sell their item how they want. If you can avoid fees with a Paypal gift, well, most people would probably go that route.

I like how people keep complaining about side deals. They suck, but there's nothing you can do with them, ultimately the seller can sell their item how they want. If you can avoid fees with a Paypal gift, well, most people would probably go that route.

No complaints here :) ...just plain facts! Member asked the question why? I gave them the answer. Side-deals are a part of the game; it's all about the game and how you play it ;)

Now that it has shipped I can say that It was I who purchased the item, I didn't want anyone to gult him into refunding my payment.

Offering a fair price to a seller sometimes you loose sometimes you win but if they agree you for sure have the item you were seeking. The seller may need money right away or is just happy not paying fees. I am sure he didn't want to hear anyone complain that he sold it so he made up the story.

The seller,Jack, is a very trustworthy seller and I talked with him at length about the transaction. Even having not recieved the item I can recommend him as a seller as he is definately a good man.

Edited by atari181

Now that it has shipped I can say that It was I who purchased the item, I didn't want anyone to gult him into refunding my payment.

Offering a fair price to a seller sometimes you loose sometimes you win but if they agree you for sure have the item you were seeking. The seller may need money right away or is just happy not paying fees. I am sure he didn't want to hear anyone complain that he sold it so he made up the story.

The seller,Jack, is a very trustworthy seller and I talked with him at length about the transaction. Even having not recieved the item I can recommend him as a seller as he is definately a good man.

Good on you mate! ;)

I kind of have mixed feelings about this. You certinaly have the right to offer the seller a fair deal to get him to end the auction early, but isn't that aganist EBay's rules and could be reported? And how do you know that the OP and other people wouldn't have gotten the final auction price up higher then what you offered, meaning the seller LOST money by not letting it run? I would never make a side offer, or end a auction early. But I suspose I'm a dying breed. :ponder:

I just feel bad for the OP who was clearly interested in getting the item and was playing by the rules.

I am not sure of the verage on Ebays rules about it. obviously they do not want it happening, but they really cannot tell anyone what to do with an item that he/she owns.

The seller absolutely could have lost out on some money he also could have made more than what it would have fetched.

As I have said I too have ended auctions in the same manner and gotten more than the item would have been bid up to and I was sure I got the best deal. Maybe not but I was happy and the buyer was happy. Wether or not Ebay goet there fees really doesn't mater to me.

I kind of have mixed feelings about this. You certinaly have the right to offer the seller a fair deal to get him to end the auction early, but isn't that aganist EBay's rules and could be reported? And how do you know that the OP and other people wouldn't have gotten the final auction price up higher then what you offered, meaning the seller LOST money by not letting it run? I would never make a side offer, or end a auction early. But I suspose I'm a dying breed. :ponder:

I just feel bad for the OP who was clearly interested in getting the item and was playing by the rules.

It is against Ebay's tos and very bad form. Side-dealers are a huge part of why the very fees they slither around are so high.

I guess all's fair in love and ebay, but side deals :thumbsdown: .

• Like 1

It is against Ebay's tos and very bad form. Side-dealers are a huge part of why the very fees they slither around are so high.

I guess all's fair in love and ebay, but side deals :thumbsdown: .

Better read Ebay's rules a little more carefully. It is okay to make an offer to the seller if there are #1. no bids on the item, or #2 you are the high bidder. Now if neither one of those is the situation, then yes, according to their rules it is not permitted. Sucks, but it is true. Cheers, FB :cool:

Woah, you got off way easier than when I admitted to a side deal here about 4 years ago :D

He told me his daughter inadvertently sold it in her shop.

I don't really have a huge problem with side-dealings personally, but lying about it is pretty shitty if you ask me...

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm aware eBay does not condone you doing this, but once when I tried to argue about it because of an auction I had already bid on, they responded with basically the comment I posted above.

Better read Ebay's rules a little more carefully. It is okay to make an offer to the seller if there are #1. no bids on the item, or #2 you are the high bidder. Now if neither one of those is the situation, then yes, according to their rules it is not permitted. Sucks, but it is true. Cheers, FB :cool:

That is not exactly true. It is totally against the eBay TOS to offer to buy outside of eBay and your account can be suspended for it. The only thing that they allow is to ask the seller to end the auction at the current bid. Anything else is a violation of the TOS.

Here is from eBay:

We don't allow our members to use eBay to contact each other to make offers to buy or sell items outside of eBay. Also, members can't use information obtained from eBay to contact each other about buying or selling outside of eBay.

If you receive an offer to buy or sell outside eBay, please report it using the appropriate link.

ALLOWED:

Sellers can end a listing early in order to sell an item at the current bid price to the high bidder.

Bidders can ask sellers to end a listing early and sell at the current bid price, but sellers don't have to honor the request.

NOT ALLOWED:

Using member contact information obtained from eBay or using any eBay system to offer to sell any listed item outside of eBay.

Canceling a listing to sell to a buyer who found the item on eBay.

Ending a listing early to sell the item to the winning bidder a price higher than the current bid.

Offering to sell an item to a non-winning bidder without using Second Chance Offer.

Why does eBay have this policy?

Offers to buy or sell outside of eBay are a potential fraud risk for both buyers and sellers, and are not protected by eBay protection programs. Additionally, these offers may be an attempt to avoid eBay fees. This is unfair to other sellers and violates our policies.

Edited by kheffington

We don't allow our members to use eBay to contact each other to make offers to buy or sell items outside of eBay. Also, members can't use information obtained from eBay to contact each other about buying or selling outside of eBay.

Good luck enforcing that.

..Al

Yeah for sure they can't but it is against the policy not allowed under the TOS.

That is not exactly true. It is totally against the eBay TOS to offer to buy outside of eBay and your account can be suspended for it. The only thing that they allow is to ask the seller to end the auction at the current bid. Anything else is a violation of the TOS.

Here is from eBay:

If you receive an offer to buy or sell outside eBay, please report it using the appropriate link.

ALLOWED:

Sellers can end a listing early in order to sell an item at the current bid price to the high bidder.

Bidders can ask sellers to end a listing early and sell at the current bid price, but sellers don't have to honor the request.

NOT ALLOWED:

Using member contact information obtained from eBay or using any eBay system to offer to sell any listed item outside of eBay.

Canceling a listing to sell to a buyer who found the item on eBay.

Ending a listing early to sell the item to the winning bidder a price higher than the current bid.

Offering to sell an item to a non-winning bidder without using Second Chance Offer.

Why does eBay have this policy?

Offers to buy or sell outside of eBay are a potential fraud risk for both buyers and sellers, and are not protected by eBay protection programs. Additionally, these offers may be an attempt to avoid eBay fees. This is unfair to other sellers and violates our policies.

I thought that is what I said: no bids on the item=current bid or if you are the high bidder you can ask them to end it? :ponder:

Good luck enforcing it is right.