IGNORED

Your opinion of these 360 titles

I enjoyed Jericho although it gets a pretty bad rap. It can get repetitive and having to heal your teammates repeatedly because their AI is nerfed can get annoying, but it has some great visuals and being able to switch to different team members gives you a lot of different weapons and abilities to work with. If you have a modern PC though I may recommend getting it for that instead (It will load faster, the framerate will be smoother, and the keyboard and mouse controls help greatly as this is a very headshot-oriented game, particularly near the beginning).

Played Dark Messiah on the PC. It was pretty fun, sort of a Duke Nukem in Elder Scrolls thing going on, but the cliche dialog eventually turned me off of it. Fun gameplay, though, if you can stomach/ignore the stupid story. But hey, it's got Stormbringer (kinda).

I enjoyed playing through both Might and Magic and Jericho.

MaM game play reminded me a lot of a super linear Oblivion with limited quests. It's not a terribly long game.

In fact some game play elements that weren't even in Oblivion were a blast to play with and made me wish they were in Oblivion!

Like the ability to kick people. Very handy if the person you want to kick is an enemy and standing near a cliff!!

I also liked the grappling hook. Although it's use was limited, it was cool to be able grapple up to high area's.

All in all I had a lot of fun it. No clue why it got such dismal reviews.

Jericho was pretty fun, but I also felt it could have been a lot more than it was.

Not a bad game by any means, not a great one either. It was certainly worth the $10 I paid for it.

The special abilities were pretty cool. It's been awhile, but from what I recall that was the main thing that set it apart from other FPS. was the abilities, like body jumping from team mate to team mate, each of which have certain powers ( guided sniper bullets, astral projection etc...) Pretty cool.

It is from Clive Barker so expect a dark and spooky environments and crazy enemies.

If you can find it that cheap still, I'd for sure get it.

M&M could be fun for a really low bargain bin price... Not played the other two.

One other question. As a single-player experiences, are the Left4Dead games worth my while?

While it is at its best with a great multiplayer coop group, I load up L4D (actually L4D2 now) even single player as a great stress relieving exercise. :) It's just not something that you'll be playing in large amounts single player most likely.

I've only ever played l4d by myself. Its an incredibly fun, old school survival wave experience. In a roundabout way it feels like a completely modern robotron or something to me. There's not many games anymore where the entire point is simply to survive.

Edited by xg4bx

In a roundabout way it feels like a completely modern robotron or something to me.

If it carries that kind of vibe, then the game will definitely appeal to me. I'm going to add it to my purchase-worthy list.

Thanks again for the responses, everyone.

Its similar to robotron but different. There's the same almost overwhelming odds, very few moments to catch your breath and a constant feeling that death waits around every corner. There's a definite intensity that you don't find in very many modern games.

The best thing about the game is that the enemy spawns are totally randomly generated. You never know which wall or door the "tank" enemies will crash through because it changes everytime you play.

In a roundabout way it feels like a completely modern robotron or something to me.

If it carries that kind of vibe, then the game will definitely appeal to me. I'm going to add it to my purchase-worthy list.

Thanks again for the responses, everyone.

Its similar to robotron but different. There's the same almost overwhelming odds, very few moments to catch your breath and a constant feeling that death waits around every corner. There's a definite intensity that you don't find in very many modern games.

The best thing about the game is that the enemy spawns are totally randomly generated. You never know which wall or door the "tank" enemies will crash through because it changes everytime you play.

Yup, sounds like my kind of game. It sounds a bit like "The Library" level from Halo, and if it's anything like that, then getting this game becomes a priority for me.