IGNORED

Torchlight

cimerians

Its a port of the PC game which I own and like very much. I saw thats it's finally available today for Xbox 360 :)

They didn't include co-op or any sort of mult player it seems so I'm on the fence to re-purchase this just to play it on a console. The 1200 points is totally worth it if you dont own the game though.

According to this it sounds like the console version is better than the PC version (in terms of menu's etc). Makes it tempting. I'll have to play the demo.

Diablo fans rejoice!

Another post here which mentions the "direct and less cluttered" console version:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/09/torchlight-xbla-review/

The lack of online is what is stopping me from purchasing this game.

I have it on the PC, I would have bought it again if the 360 version had online co-op.

I may still snag it later when the price drops. I'm really avoiding 1200 point games these days, you can usually pick them up for 400 or 800 later.

The lack of online is what is stopping me from purchasing this game.

I have it on the PC, I would have bought it again if the 360 version had online co-op.

I may still snag it later when the price drops. I'm really avoiding 1200 point games these days, you can usually pick them up for 400 or 800 later.

I know. I couldn't beleive they didnt include multiplayer. I know its a selling point for Torchlight 2 but come on.......

I almost never buy games at full price, but I've really been looking forward to this one. Bought it from work. I can't wait to get home and try it out.

If you liked Diablo in the old days you cant go wrong.

Hopefully I can try the demo tonight and see how they did it for myself. The PC version does have quite a bit of menu's etc.

I just tried the demo last night. Its actually a little more playable than the PC version as most reviewers have mentioned. The quick skills on the controllers work very well. I actually used more of my skills now than I did on the PC version. I think the Xbox 360 version is the way to go for sure but I'll be skipping this until a price drop since I own it already. I may still get it though if I add points soon, the demo hooked me for a while. :P

I just tried the demo last night. Its actually a little more playable than the PC version as most reviewers have mentioned. The quick skills on the controllers work very well. I actually used more of my skills now than I did on the PC version. I think the Xbox 360 version is the way to go for sure but I'll be skipping this until a price drop since I own it already. I may still get it though if I add points soon, the demo hooked me for a while. :P

I'm about to download it today! I never played it on the PC (because I have a MAC that sucks for gaming), but I always wanted to. I was hoping for online multiplayer, but it sounds like that is left out on the 360. Is this true???

I just played the demo and I can't tell if I like it or hate it yet. I love the idea of randomly generated loot and layouts, but I don't really like anything about the game so far. I don't like the game world that much, don't like the characters, most of the bad guys I've seen aren't that cool looking (except for the spiders), and the inventory menu doesn't seem to order anything from best to worst. The demo just generally rubs me the wrong way. Maybe the full game would be more fun.

Since so many years have gone by, I may not like it now, but I loved a demo I played on my Amiga 500 in the early to mid 1990s that I got with an Amiga magazine from across the Atlantic. It was called Legend, a.k.a. The Four Crystals of Trazere:

http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=665

post-13-129977939741_thumb.png

That spell mixing screen stands out in my mind, but I don't remember much about the game. I just remember that it was the only adventure game of that style that I actually liked. Although I haven't played every game ever made, of the ones that I did get to try, that was the only game where the magic stuff was user-friendly and easy for me to understand. There doesn't seem to be an Amiga gameplay video of it on YouTube, but there is an MS-DOS version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YATIoN9_RuA&rel=0&fmt=35

After looking at the gameplay video, I would probably think it was too boring if I played it today, but I bet the best of Legend mixed with the best of a game like Torchlight would make a great modern game.

Edited by Random Terrain

I'm about to download it today! I never played it on the PC (because I have a MAC that sucks for gaming), but I always wanted to. I was hoping for online multiplayer, but it sounds like that is left out on the 360. Is this true???

The computer version didn't have online multiplayer either when it came out, so no, it wasn't technically "left out". That is, unless they eventually added it into the computer game (I thought they were saving it for Torchlight 2).

Had some time to play with this. Got a normal mode Alchemist and a hard mode Vanquisher through the first 5 levels. The game is a lot of fun to play. It's fast-paced, but a bit repetitive. Co-op would be a lot of fun, but the entire game obviously would have to be rebalanced for it.

My biggest gripe: How can a game where the whole focus is on getting PHAT LEWT have an inventory system as bad as the first Mass Effect's?!? I'd give my pet for an "equip best items" button or even a way to order items in the inventory.

Had some time to play with this. Got a normal mode Alchemist and a hard mode Vanquisher through the first 5 levels. The game is a lot of fun to play. It's fast-paced, but a bit repetitive. Co-op would be a lot of fun, but the entire game obviously would have to be rebalanced for it.

My biggest gripe: How can a game where the whole focus is on getting PHAT LEWT have an inventory system as bad as the first Mass Effect's?!? I'd give my pet for an "equip best items" button or even a way to order items in the inventory.

Completely agreed! I played the demo this morning and the inventory system was my only gripe...albeit a massive one.