IGNORED

Anyone else having issues getting to AA???

moycon

Not all the time. But quite often here lately I get page unreachable when trying to come to AA. I'd say this is about the 6th time since this Friday. Usually I keep refreshing until it come available. I try other sites at that time (like yahoo and ebay) and can get there fine. Sometimes it goes on for so long i just give up. Is it my wacky home PC again or had anyone else noticed this??

Yes, there are definitely problems. Our host provider (where our physical server is located) is having problems with some routers and they have been troubleshooting them the last several days. It is affecting about 1/8th of their customers, and unfortunately we seem to be among them. :( It's pretty intermittent. Sometimes I can go for a while with no problems, then there will be a period of 10 minutes where I can't hit the site (or email, or ftp, or anything else). Hopefully it will be resolved soon!!

..Al

Not all the time. But quite often here lately I get page unreachable when trying to come to AA. I'd say this is about the 6th time since this Friday. Usually I keep refreshing until it come available. I try other sites at that time (like yahoo and ebay) and can get there fine. Sometimes it goes on for so long i just give up. Is it my wacky home PC again or had anyone else noticed this??

Sounds to me like Al is trying to tell you something. :ponder:

I told you Albert!  

Heh, I emailed him, he writes back

AA never goes down! :) hehe

I told you it was a network problem, not a problem with the server. I'd be asking for trouble if I said, ""AA never goes down!". :) There's little I can do when stuff like that goes on except perhaps grumble a bit. The server itself is generally very stable, but the internet is a big and complex beast. In this particular instance it was a situation much closer to the server, but even then my hands are tied and all I can do is hope that the problem gets resolved quickly. Usually they are and very few people even realize a problem occured. Unfortunately in this case, it's been ongoing for a few days, although it's not too bad since it seems to be pretty intermittent.

..Al

Are the servers near you or are they a remote in some other city? I always wonder how AA runs. Is there a specs sheet somewhere here like we are running AA on a Atari falcon 030 with 32 megs of ram and a multi serial port card? :) hehe

They are in a remote location, in a remote city, but they are actually located in Texas. They are in a secure hosting facility, which has huge amounts of bandwidth coming in from multiple providers. I don't remember the specs of off the top of my head, but it is a fairly fast PC running a flavor of Linux. It's a dedicated server that hosts AtariAge and several other sites, such as AtariCart, Atarinvader, AtariProtos.com, Liveinabin.com, Pixels Past, and a few others. We also have another server at the same facility that we use for business, Austin Systems.

..Al