IGNORED

Pitfall II on a 2 port?

joeybastard

All I can tell you about Pitfall and Pitfall II for the 2 port is this:

I have 4 Pitfall carts. 1 works on the 2 port, all work on the 4 port.

I also have 3 Pitfall II's. 2 work on the 2 port, one doesn't work at all.

You REALLY have to jiggle the Pitfall II carts I have that do work.

Hope this helps a little.

Check this thread for more info:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...incompatability

Pitfall, Mountain King and K-Razy Shootout don't work on 2 port models. However, I have a 2 port and these 3 titles DO work, because I upgraded my BIOS to a 4 port BIOS! :D Mitch hooked me up with the 4 port BIOS for a few bucks plus shipping and I just swapped it out. Just a pain to remove the RF shield, but it was worth it! Highly recommended!

I actually have my rf shielding off right now(long story), so now would be the time to get a 4 port bios.  Is it hard to change?  Does it require much soldering, or do you just pop it in?

You already did the hard part if you are already far along - it's just a matter of popping out a socketed chip and poping the new one in - piece o' cake! :D

I actually have my rf shielding off right now(long story), so now would be the time to get a 4 port bios.  Is it hard to change?  Does it require much soldering, or do you just pop it in?

You already did the hard part if you are already far along - it's just a matter of popping out a socketed chip and poping the new one in - piece o' cake! :D

Yeah, that rf shielding is pretty hard to get off. I'll try to get a 4 port bios pretty soon. I wonder where I could get one...

• 4 weeks later...
Ok then, what does it mean when Pitfall works in my 2 port that I found in the wild?

Does your 2-port work with Mountain King, K-razy Shootout, or the 2600 adapter? I think I remember reading somewhere that there are some special 2-ports that were made to work with the 2600 adapter and these other games. Does the serial number of your 2-port 5200 have a "*" next to it? Could be wrong, but I thought that if they had the "*" they were "special" 2-ports that worked with the adapter and the games.

Yes there were some '*' 2 ports that worked with those games. But all 2 ports should work with the VCS adapter, you're thinking of the 4port VCS adapter incompatability problem which was fixed by taking it down to a service center. So there's a bunch of 4 ports that work with the VCS adapter and some that don't, you can't tell except by trying them out or looking inside.

Yes there were some '*' 2 ports that worked with those games. But all 2 ports should work with the VCS adapter, you're thinking of the 4port VCS adapter incompatability problem which was fixed by taking it down to a service center. So there's a bunch of 4 ports that work with the VCS adapter and some that don't, you can't tell except by trying them out or looking inside.

Yeah, you're right. I had the adapter backwards. 5200 is a cool system if you can get around all it's hardware issues. :|

Yeah, you're right. I had the adapter backwards. 5200 is a cool system if you can get around all it's hardware issues. :|

Very true, I started get really into it using the Dreamcast 800/5200 emulator and now for the last few months I play it more than my 7800/2600. Great arcade feel and play to most of the games.

Very true, I started get really into it using the Dreamcast 800/5200 emulator and now for the last few months I play it more than my 7800/2600. Great arcade feel and play to most of the games.

M.A.M.E. also has great arcade feel to it :D (if I'm using an emulator anyways...) Although I understand what you mean though.