IGNORED

Magicard

allhallowseve2000

Wow, that is very nice..... :) I got the white and blue complete but don't have the bare one though...... :ponder:

QUESTION: Is everything in your auction original, including the paperwork??? Please advise.

Thanks,

- Wonder007

Wow, that is very nice..... :) I got the white and blue complete but don't have the bare one though...... :ponder:

QUESTION: Is everything in your auction original, including the paperwork??? Please advise.

Thanks,

- Wonder007

Hey Wonder - Nice to hear from you - Everything is original. I know - I've never seen the yellow insert or the fiberglass rod. I'm sure most, if not all of these were lost or tossed.

Yeah, mine never came with the insert or rod when I bought the package I have.

Thanks Mayhem - So, this is possibly the only one to exist

I got the rod too. Question though, do you have the letter with the blue Computer Magic letterhead???

Please advise.

Thanks,

- Wonder007

I remember back in the day two of my buddies had these, they got them from G.A.M.E.S. Inc. in Van Nuys, CA. We thought it was funny that they had like 20-30 of these, who would want programming carts for the atari 2600??? Both of my friends liberated them from the store (they didn't lock games up back then), I should check with my other friend down in S. CA to see if he still has his.

I remember back in the day two of my buddies had these, they got them from G.A.M.E.S. Inc. in Van Nuys, CA. We thought it was funny that they had like 20-30 of these, who would want programming carts for the atari 2600??? Both of my friends liberated them from the store (they didn't lock games up back then), I should check with my other friend down in S. CA to see if he still has his.

If your friend still has his, has the items like Allhallowseve2000's auction and, of course, wants to sell it, please have him contact me; I'd like to see the condition of his Magicard...I always want rare 10 items as minty as possible. Ask him if he has the blue Computer Magic letterhead as well :) ..... I'll give him an offer he cannot refuse.

Thanks,

- Wonder007

Hey Wonder -

No - I don't have the blue letter. This one is as minty as I've ever seen - and I've owned 4 of them :) A regular, blue, and another bare board. This takes the cake

Do you have pics of the ones you have sold...I am curious to see how good in condition they were so I can compare them to what you have.... Please advise.

Thanks,

- Wonder007

PS. I also PM'ed you....thanks!!

Pm'd ya back

here is the link to the thread of the other bare board version I sold

Other bareboard

The other one was a blue magicard - Ok condition w/screws showing. Other was a decent shape regular version. I can email you those if you'd like.

Also the inlays are really nice w/this one as well.

Hey...can you please put pics of the Magicard info sheet out of the baggie and pics of the programming book out of the plastic bag too....I am curious to see the condition of those items...I did not see those pics on the ebay auction.

Thanks,

Wonder007

Hey Wonder007, I checked with my buddy and after describing it (and talking about how he originally go it) he remembers cleaning out his mom's house a couple of years back, and selling it with all his other atari 2600 and colecovision stuff at a garage sale for like $30 or $50 . Somebody in Simi Valley got a good deal, whether they know it or not. So it's possible that there might still be one floating around S Ca. He took it pretty good when I told him the last one to sell like his sold for just a few thousand more than what he got:) Makes you wonder who bought it, someone who know about atari stuff, or some kid who threw it away, or now it's sitting in his mom's house waiting for a garage sale or to be donated to GW.

I think it's cool when you have the history on things, think about home many things in your collection you know the original history on. I've still got my original pong clone we got free when we bought our TV back in 76 or 77, my original atari that I bought my self, etc. But most things in a collectors collection, they only know they history since they bought it, which is often times 20 to 30 years after it was first bought. An example, I have a 5200 paddle prototype, I know the history of how, when, and how much I paid, but I don't know where it had been floating around for 20 years from atari labs to my hands. It's just interesting the stories, and more so with rare items.

@ EVG, Thanks for following up on your friend..... I wonder what parts they had to the game. Well, now I have to decide if I should go after this one. You know me, I am always looking for the nicest conditioned items......especially if I am going to pay good money for it.......decisions, decisions......

Thanks EVG!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Allhallowseve2000, can you please put up a very good scanned pic of the Magicard information card....the pics supplied on your link are a bit blurry when I try to zoom in on it.... This is the piece that adds the most value to what you have, especially if the cart is not shelled.....please advise.

Thanks Allhallowseve2000!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,

- Wonder007