IGNORED

Timex Sinclair TS1000

What's a fair price for a Timex Sinclair TS1000 with a fully-working keyboard?

I've been looking to get into this system, but can't seem to find one that works -even just loose, without the RAM pack or manuals/books- for less than $40-$50. That strikes me as really high. The TS1000 has no sound, no graphics mode to speak of, an awful keyboard, and relatively little in the way of games/software. It doesn't even have a power switch! But to cap it all off, these systems are not rare by any stretch of the imagination. Why are people trying to sell these (talking loose here) for $40, $60, $80, $100? These were El Cheapo systems even in 1982, and they're not hard to find, so the rarity factor goes straight out the window. Am I off-base here?:?

(You may be wondering why, if I describe it to be such a piece of junk, I want one. I think they're interesting and quirky. :) If you know me, you know I'm a fan of things like Channel F, Aquarius, pre-1980 Atari VCS games, Odyssey 2...:D)

I do have a Timex Sinclair, but the keyboard is bad (of course!).

Interesting. I gave a bunch of loose ones with RAM packs away a few years ago because no one wanted them and I didn't want more than one.

I'd be surprised if a loose one without even a RAM pack would be worth more than $10. And I'd think even that would be high!

I only have my CIB one left and 1 CIB 16k pack.

Interesting. I gave a bunch of loose ones with RAM packs away a few years ago because no one wanted them and I didn't want more than one.

I'd be surprised if a loose one without even a RAM pack would be worth more than $10. And I'd think even that would be high!

I only have my CIB one left and 1 CIB 16k pack.

That's what I thought! It's not like there's this incredible demand for Timex Sinclair stuff to drive prices up...

well I sold my ZX-81 for $35, but that included a working cassette recorder and a few tapes.

Under $20 and it usually makes it not worth folks selling. I bought mine from a cash strapped gamer for $35 thinking it would be neat to play with. Unfort the days of only having access to something that primitive are over and it wasnt really fun :)

I might have an extra loose one.

Thank you kindly, Marty, but that won't actually be necessary. :) (Sidebar: Don't let me forget I still need to pull the controllers out of my dead-ish Fairchild for you.)

I'm pleased to report that I was able to repair the keyboard on my Timex Sinclair, with the help of this video:

My original point stands, however. :D If I were to sell mine, I wouldn't expect more than 10 or 15 bucks, max.

Now on to keying in primitive programs on a tedious and convoluted "hunt 'n' peck" keyboard!

:)

Thank you kindly, Marty, but that won't actually be necessary. :) (Sidebar: Don't let me forget I still need to pull the controllers out of my dead-ish Fairchild for you.)

I'm pleased to report that I was able to repair the keyboard on my Timex Sinclair, with the help of this video:

Was there a repair somewhere in there? I fell asleep after the first 30 seconds. Wow that guy does not the personality for presentation or to be on camera.

Was there a repair somewhere in there? I fell asleep after the first 30 seconds. Wow that guy does not the personality for presentation or to be on camera.

You too huh.

his voice was like taking a sleeping pill. It was a good tutorial that is if you can make it without dozing off. boy am i glad he doesn't talk on radio or it could be bad for people driving.

almost like ben stein, Bueller?....Bueller?....Bueller?

Edited by madmax2069