IGNORED

loading asm subroutine for basic

w1k

ok.. i resolved that problem.. but :D lol..

in book is DATA 104,165,106,56,233,8..

my data is: 66,83,65,86,69,32..

jesus

Your data starts with "BSAVE " according to those numbers. I suspect you're trying to load some sort of listing instead of object code.

Object code is the final product of the assembler. Normally it's written to disk by the ASM directive, if some sort of output directive is included in the assembler listing. Someone here will be able to tell you how to do that in MAC/65, but I can't since I don't use or own the program.

Once you have your object code, it's usually in the COM format, which means it has a header stating in what locations to load the code.

Easiest way to use this kind of stuff in Basic, in my humble opinion, is to abandon Atari Basic and get TurboBasic. You can program that in the Atari Basic language, but it has way more versatility and includes a BLOAD command, which makes loading a COM-file a breeze.

w1k,

AlphaSys is right. Using MAC/65, you need to issue the ASM command from the editor to assemble your source code into object code.

Do you have a copy of the manual handy? I am at work, at the moment, and do not have access to my manual. There are various options that can be given to ASM that will tell MAC/65 what to do with your source code. You would be interested in the option that puts the assembled object code into a file on your disk drive.

Once you have an object file created, you can then proceed as AlphaSys has outlined. I agree that TurboBasic would be the easiest way to go with regard to merging your assembly routine with Basic. It can be done with Atari Basic, it just requires more work on the programmer's part and a deeper understanding of Atari Basic.

Hope this helps.

Russ