IGNORED

Pending sale - Commavid Magicard Complete - No reserve Auction

allhallowseve2000

One bidder (atariage member) retracted out because wife went "batshit" over his bidding (multiple bids). He was nice enough to apologize for it - THe other one I'm not sure about (says he entered wrong amount). I asked the atariage member to comment here to ease any hesitation. Any questions please P.M.

One day left!!!

That going Batshit wife was mine. She logged onto Ebay and lost her mind when she saw that i bid that much.I feel horrible,but I really like being married. I am willing to give allhallow $ to make up for it if it doesn't make it to my max bid.

This is very interesting. The three that have retracted their bids totally screwed the auction for Allhallowseve2000....that really sucks. If I were Alhallowseve2000, I would have not cancelled the bids because by doing that, you exposed max bids of the serious bidders. Now I feel even more uncomfortable to pursue this auction because of other potential bid cancellations, especially if I end up being the second to highest winner and then the highest bidder has a change of heart....the precedence has been set (and I would have to pay my max bid)........ :( I really was very interested in this item but I guess I'll focus on other auctions (do not need more headaches and surprises).....so, to the other (potential) bidders, you have one less person to worry about.... Good luck Allhallowseve2000 on your auction. :)

Of course - The winner stated that his child accidentally bid on it (sure). Anyways - the ebay auction was doomed after the 0 feedback bids and bid retractions. Kinda fed up with ebay right now, so new listing is at gamegavel.com. Also taking offers via my P.M. box - willing to take trades + cash. This is extremely rare as you all know and the possible centerpiece of your collection.

Game gavel auction

Edited by allhallowseve2000

He re-listed it, so he most have two, or if it sells on both auctions, someone is going to be disappointed. The one on gamegavel must not be as good as it's listed at a lower buy now price.

"Of course - The winner stated that his child accidentally bid on it (sure)" - his kids accidentally bid on it multiple times it you look at bid history and view the auto bids, they had to keep bidding it up. Stupid kids, either there only was a way to stop them from bidding multiple times on items that they probably know nothing about. Boy, Troy sure has some bad luck.

He re-listed it, so he most have two, or if it sells on both auctions, someone is going to be disappointed. The one on gamegavel must not be as good as it's listed at a lower buy now price.

"Of course - The winner stated that his child accidentally bid on it (sure)" - his kids accidentally bid on it multiple times it you look at bid history and view the auto bids, they had to keep bidding it up. Stupid kids, either there only was a way to stop them from bidding multiple times on items that they probably know nothing about. Boy, Troy sure has some bad luck.

He's selling the same one on GameGavel because the winner on eBay reneged (the winner's kid accidentally bid on it...7 times LOL)--which is probably a good thing, I would think, because it didn't go for as much as expected.

Edited by Miss 2600

And he also relisted it on ebay today with a buy it now of $4999 . So as of right now he has either has two of them, or he has the same one listed on two different auctions sites and they are both active. So if he doesn't have two different cards it seems pretty shady, and possible setting him self up for legal actions taken against him if they both sold and he couldn't produce.

And he also relisted it on ebay today with a buy it now of $4999 . So as of right now he has either has two of them, or he has the same one listed on two different auctions sites and they are both active. So if he doesn't have two different cards it seems pretty shady, and possible setting him self up for legal actions taken against him if they both sold and he couldn't produce.

I asked him about it. But betting there is just one, I would take the cheaper listing on GG :) I think he would pay around $700-$800 in fees if it sold on Ebay vs. $0 on GG. Maybe why he has it listed for more on Ebay. And since chances are that if anyone ponies up that much for it, they would come from this board and buy it on GG for a grand less. Hmmm.

Edited by Parrothead

I asked him about it. But betting there is just one, I would take the cheaper listing on GG :) I think he would pay around $700-$800 in fees if it sold on Ebay vs. $0 on GG. Maybe why he has it listed for more on Ebay. And since chances are that if anyone ponies up that much for it, they would come from this board and buy it on GG for a grand less. Hmmm.

Final value fees on eBay fixed priced auctions are:

8% of first $50

5% of next $950

2% of all else

So around $132 on $4999 not even near $700-$800

PayPal fees are 2.9% plus 30 cents

So around $150

Even combined nowhere near $700-800 but still considerably more than $0

Edited by kheffington

Final value fees on eBay fixed priced auctions are:

8% of first $50

5% of next $950

2% of all else

So around $132 on $4999 not even near $700-$800

PayPal fees are 2.9% plus 30 cents

So around $150

Even combined nowhere near $700-800 but still considerably more than $0

Ya, my bad. What I get for keeping up with this while watching American Idol :) Still isn't it 15% of the first $50? I was taking 15% of the entire price. lol. Sorry.

Yes you are correct for Video Games it is 15% of first $50. Still with that price range it would be better from a eBay fee standpoint to list as an auction. The fees for the auction would be an insertion fee plus max of $50 final value. Putting a reserve might kill the bids but would only cost a couple of dollars.

• 3 weeks later...