IGNORED

Help with King Colossus for genesis/mega drive

Legend

Anyone here play King Colossus on Genesis?

I'm stuck very early in the game. I found the necklace at ganant's place. I also found Ganant's key, but I can't figure out what to do next. Every other location in the game is blocked off. I looked all over ganant's place and trying the key on blank walls looking for a secret door, but no luck. I've wandered around so much, my character is at level 10. I see a room that I can't get into with people in it, but I can't figure out how to get in for the life of me. Can't even remember what the necklace is for or where I found it at this point. Can't find a walkthrough anywhere either. Anyone have any helpful hints or just tell me what to do? I'm ready to give up on it. Started months ago and still can't figure out what to do.

Figured it out by accident. Had to fall through a hole in the ground.

I've gotten to the arena. I was wondering if there is a use for the cursed shield that you can borrow? It doesn't seem to make any difference in your defense rating at all and doesn't seem to do anything negative either. Does it have a specific use?

I'm wondering if you get to keep whatever item you borrow at the end of the arena section of the game and if so, which item would be best to take?

Anyone know what the crack bomb spell is for?