IGNORED

How to use archiver?

Matt Fisher

I'm sure the info is out there (or on here) somewhere, but my limited search skills have not been able to uncover it, but how do you use Barry Boone's archiver? I'm trying to get my PC->TI system going and most of the stuff I find is in *.arc format. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The copies I have all load under Editor/Assembler Option #5, and the file name is usually ARC303 (I also have ARC303G). I understand there are also XB loaders.

It's completely menu driven and pretty intuitive. If you have Classic99, just select the Editor/Assembler cart, select option '5 RUN PROGRAM FILE', and enter "DSK1.ARC303G". That will take you into the menu so you can look around the options. (Even if you mean on a real console, this is a fast way to see what it looks like).

At that point, we probably need more specific questions. :)

• 1 year later...

I'm having trouble with it too, but in a different way.

I've downloaded Marc Hull's game, Neverlander, from TI Game Shelf, I got the archiver working, but after having specified which drive the .BIN file is in, in this case DSK1, and the output drive, DSK2, it comes up with "I/O error #0"

When the archiver asks for the name, I stated it as NEVERARC.B because that's all I can fit on, am I doing something wrong?

post-34058-0-19180600-1351561004_thumb.png

Edited by Retrospect

Ahhhhhh scratch that - I've just resolved it ..... And I did not think this would work, but I renamed the file to simply "Never.BIN" and hey presto it's extracted it properly!

Sometimes i wish I would resolve matters before posting but hey, if there's anyone out there who had the same problem and they read all this, they will be helped...... :)

And now I'm having trouble again!

Upon selecting option 3, and typing DSK2.EA3GAME, it doesn't take me to the game, instead to an option list

with 1 to load , 2 to save , whatever, blue screen .... :? Damn!

Edited by Retrospect