IGNORED

Can anyone tell me if this is a true atari prototype?

bennybingo

I just bought this off of ePay recently, and I was wondering if this was a real prototype from atari:

post-29022-0-02140200-1300643702_thumb.png

post-29022-0-86426500-1300643713_thumb.png

It does look like the T-shaped boards I have seen in other such proto photos, but I don't have much knowledge on the subject. Any help would be appreciated.

(either way, I just wanted the game to try it out and have it in my collection icon_smile.gif)

Thanks!

Nope. That warning sticker and the fact that it's a Pole Position 2 cart means it's a Best Electronics "proto" reproduction. Best Electronics made several prototype reproductions such as this and put them in PP2 carts back in what, the laste 90s early 00s or something like that? I can't remember specifically, but it's definitely not an actual Atari corp. prototype.

Or did they shell actual proto boards like that and just sell the actual protos? I can't remember. Perhaps I shouldn't have even posted this, LMFAO!

• Like 1

I got a Best proto with a blue oval sticker:

Bestprototype.jpg

What got my curiosity going was the T-shaped board...I always thought these were Atari specific, but like I said before, I don't have much info on the subject. Thanks for the pic!

Best Electronics used old Atari prototype boards to make repros in the 90's, the one high voltage posted, is actually a production board in a prototype shell.

So mine is a repro...Gotcha So how can I tell if it is a production (complete) game or just an unfinished proto version?

I just bought this off of ePay recently, and I was wondering if this was a real prototype from atari:

post-29022-0-02140200-1300643702_thumb.png

post-29022-0-86426500-1300643713_thumb.png

It does look like the T-shaped boards I have seen in other such proto photos, but I don't have much knowledge on the subject. Any help would be appreciated.

(either way, I just wanted the game to try it out and have it in my collection icon_smile.gif)

Thanks!

You should pick these up to go with it...

https://www.atari2600.com/item--Quadrun--PROD6963.html

and...

https://www.atari2600.com/item--Holey-Moley--ATA26GAM1997.html

post-9102-0-19987700-1301508730_thumb.gif

post-9102-0-10054100-1301508739_thumb.gif

post-9102-0-19987700-1301508730_thumb.gif

post-9102-0-10054100-1301508739_thumb.gif

• 7 months later...

Best Electronics used old Atari prototype boards to make repros in the 90's, the one high voltage posted, is actually a production board in a prototype shell.

So mine is a repro...Gotcha So how can I tell if it is a production (complete) game or just an unfinished proto version?

Compare it to a regular game if the game on the chip actually came out, compare it to that one.Does it play pole position II regularly?