IGNORED

Cleaning out my grandmas attic

eWaste is an overused term that is often missleading. It really depends on what kind of facility the stuff is taken to. Sometimes electronics recycling turns into reuse. I have a couple of computers that use to run XP to take there. Odds are they'll get stripped and resold in pieces. I've gotten some fair prices on stuff there too. I seem to recall buying my Apple //c there... as well as my ImageWriter II as well.

And yes, I'm aware that the linked store has rather high prices for their online stuff. Their in store prices tend to vary and they do display the ability to learn from experience and actually lower prices on items that don't sell.

You could at least list this stuff in case anybody wants them. e-waste is a very stupid thing to do for electronics that still work IMO.

Well I didn't think anyone wants a Norton boot disk or a manual for hp an printer :roll: Most software was stuff like that so i gave it to e-waste but the of the games and other use-able software i kept sheesh :roll: :roll:

What was the point of creating this topic? When I saw it, I assumed that you were offering this up for sale or something. So you cleaned out grandma's attic and are throwing some stuff away. Great. I had eggs for breakfast then went to work.

Chris

What was the point of creating this topic? When I saw it, I assumed that you were offering this up for sale or something. So you cleaned out grandma's attic and are throwing some stuff away. Great. I had eggs for breakfast then went to work.

Chris

yummy! (I just wanted to share it oh well next time I wont unless somethings for sale) :)

Also, the dos - win98 days is pretty much a dark age, nobody wants to remember that shit. Especially the stuff from 1998 through 2002, all the fanciful dreams of dotcom busts and wanna-be-too products that never worked right and took more effort than what they saved.

Computing is still emerging from that monstrosity of a time..

And yet, some of the greatest games ever date from that period. Personally, I'd rate 1994 as the best year ever for gaming. Thankfully we have Dosbox, so most people don't need to have a DOS machine around. But I've not found a good solution for running 9x games.

Also when you look at what historians actually do, it's the stuff that nobody thinks is important at the time that they value most.

I personally have some old x86 machines around for old DOS and Windows 3.1.1 games. The first computer my parents bought was a WYSE 286. I've still got it and I've recently upgraded the memory in it... I still need to make some kind of back up of the BIOS setup disks... I'm not much for stuff that requires Windows 95/98... I run into lots of shovel-ware.

I personally have some old x86 machines around for old DOS and Windows 3.1.1 games. The first computer my parents bought was a WYSE 286. I've still got it and I've recently upgraded the memory in it... I still need to make some kind of back up of the BIOS setup disks... I'm not much for stuff that requires Windows 95/98... I run into lots of shovel-ware.

Does your wyse 286 have a small LCD screen on the front of it ?

I use to own one that did (think it was a server)