IGNORED

Basic Support Module update

RXB

I found this Source code I wrote and put out the module in 1999, someone found it and asked me to fix the portions that were missing I think they made a hardware module from my release. If anyone has updates they would like I can put them in the new module.

This is a great module for those of you that only like Basic and not Extended Basic. Many useful features.

CALL @RSEC(UNIT,SECTOR,BUFFER,ERROR)

CALL @WSEC(UNIT,SECTOR,BUFFER,ERROR)

CALL @RENAME(UNIT,OLDNAME,NEWNAME,ERROR)

CALL @DSKFMT(UNIT,TRACKS,BUFFER,ERROR)

CALL SAY(.......)

Need my PGRAMs back or will have to write a assembly program to save modules from Classic99.

If you have ideas I can put them into the module, but not useful on Classic99 only hardware would use these commands except for CALL SAY.

MybasicSourceCode.txt

I found this Source code I wrote and put out the module in 1999, someone found it and asked me to fix the portions that were missing I think they made a hardware module from my release. If anyone has updates they would like I can put them in the new module.

This is a great module for those of you that only like Basic and not Extended Basic. Many useful features.

CALL @RSEC(UNIT,SECTOR,BUFFER,ERROR)

CALL @WSEC(UNIT,SECTOR,BUFFER,ERROR)

CALL @RENAME(UNIT,OLDNAME,NEWNAME,ERROR)

CALL @DSKFMT(UNIT,TRACKS,BUFFER,ERROR)

CALL SAY(.......)

Need my PGRAMs back or will have to write a assembly program to save modules from Classic99.

If you have ideas I can put them into the module, but not useful on Classic99 only hardware would use these commands except for CALL SAY.

I can't say much about the calls. But I must say I'm impressed seeing the GPL source code. To me it always looked like the holy grail.

Seriously would like to do some tests for checking how things come out speed wise, etc.

Guess you must be the only person in the world still programming GPL.

module, but not useful on Classic99 only hardware would use these commands

Well, RSEC will work fine on the directory and fully on disk images. ;) The rest not so much, true.

Need my PGRAMs back or will have to write a assembly program to save modules from Classic99

Why can't you run whatever software you used on your PGRAMS to save?

Otherwise, the program to save GROMs would not be very big. In fact, it occurs to me you could write it in GPL, too, maybe even more easily?

1) Copy data from GROM to buffer in VDP RAM.

2) Set up PAB for SAVE opcode for the VDP buffer, and 6k (size of GROM).

3) Invoke DSRLNK to perform the save.

Edited by Tursi

module, but not useful on Classic99 only hardware would use these commands

Well, RSEC will work fine on the directory and fully on disk images. ;) The rest not so much, true.

Need my PGRAMs back or will have to write a assembly program to save modules from Classic99

Why can't you run whatever software you used on your PGRAMS to save?

Otherwise, the program to save GROMs would not be very big. In fact, it occurs to me you could write it in GPL, too, maybe even more easily?

1) Copy data from GROM to buffer in VDP RAM.

2) Set up PAB for SAVE opcode for the VDP buffer, and 6k (size of GROM).

3) Invoke DSRLNK to perform the save.

6K is only for TI GROMS and the only reason they used 6K was that the 8K chips at the time were to expensive to use, so 6K PROMs were used in Modules.

When prices came down and no one made 6K chips anymore as everyone was making only 8K chips then the extra 2K was just wasted space. (Why 3rd party chips were 8K chips instead of 6K PROMs)

Every GRAM device made uses 8K pages, that is why all are 34 sectors in size. 33 sectors plus the 6 byte header made a 34 sector Program Image file. (yea rest is wasted sector)

I dug up my old Swedish GPL Assembler Package and found Miss/1 that will save GRAM files or Modules to disk. They also have Mild that will load any type of memory.

I should find someplace to upload all this stuff I have as lots of it many people do not know exists. Some stuff I wrote most others sent me that was on my SCSI hard drive.

Hehe. The difference between saving 6k and saving 8k is not that hard to code. ;)

The important thing is, can you solve the problem you are facing or do you need more assistance?

Problem solved. Here is the two packages I talked about. With these I can load or save any kind of memory. GRAM, VDP, RAM and even DSR in Module formats or Program or Object. Even internal formats.

It will save them in all kinds of formats also. It is a complete package, though I do not use the GPL Assembler they provide. It was released just before the AMS was released.