IGNORED

Problem with eBay bidder

Allan

What do you do when you have someone bid on your auctions and they are from another country and your auction stated 'U.S. only' and when your auction says 'Paypal only' and they claim they can't use Paypal and that they want to use Western Union to send you money. Should I just wait the four days and file a non-paying bidder?

Allan

What do you do when you have someone bid on your auctions and they are from another country and your auction stated 'U.S. only' and when your auction says 'Paypal only' and they claim they can't use Paypal and that they want to use Western Union to send you money. Should I just wait the four days and file a non-paying bidder?

Allan

You can set eBay auctions to block bids from countries you don't accept bids for the item from; in the future you should do that.

For this one tell them that you only accept PayPal and refuse any other payment and that as stated in the auction you will only ship to the US. Then open an unpaid item notice.

The link for buyer requirements is here on eBay (link below). You will have to be signed in or sign after clicking link for it to work.

eBay Buyer Preferences

Edited by kheffington

For this one tell them that you only accept PayPal and refuse any other payment and that as stated in the auction you will only ship to the US. Then open an unpaid item notice.

But should I wait the three/four day allowance time to pay and then open an unpaid item notice or should I do it now?

Allan

Ok,

I can see both sides here and what you are forgetting is the benefit of Western Union. I don't know if Western Union still do payments for ebay listings - I used them several years ago and had an online account which the money went in to and I then transferred it to a bank account. They used to take a cut plus a fee to pay the money into the account. IF it is just a case of the seller sending you a payment (with reference number) which you can collect from any Western Union agent or office near you then that is a good thing as no fees and no risk of a chargeback.

I don't think the eBay system will allow you to file the Unpaid bidder until 4 days have passed. The other option is to file an transaction cancellation request. The cancellation request will only work if the bidder approves it though. The best option is always to prevent it in advance with buyer preferences.

Ok,

I can see both sides here and what you are forgetting is the benefit of Western Union. I don't know if Western Union still do payments for ebay listings - I used them several years ago and had an online account which the money went in to and I then transferred it to a bank account. They used to take a cut plus a fee to pay the money into the account. IF it is just a case of the seller sending you a payment (with reference number) which you can collect from any Western Union agent or office near you then that is a good thing as no fees and no risk of a chargeback.

But that is my time and money and that is not what my auction said. I have people contact me before an auction ends and ask if I would ship to another country, combine shipping, etc., all the time and I almost always agree (as long as they have good feedback). This person just bid and then ignored the 'Ships to U.S. only' part and asked to do Western Union and claimed it would be easy for me. How is making a second trip across town easy for me? I've had really good bidders for long time so I can't complain to much. Just trying to figure out what to do.

Allan

I don't think the eBay system will allow you to file the Unpaid bidder until 4 days have passed. The other option is to file an transaction cancellation request. The cancellation request will only work if the bidder approves it though. The best option is always to prevent it in advance with buyer preferences.

Thanks for the responses guys.

The only thing is that sometimes people ask to bid from other countries and I have no problem with that (if their feedback is good.) I don't want to block these people from bidding as long as they ask. I guess I need to stress that in my auction. Then again if they don't read the whole auction like this problem bidder it really doesn't matter what I write.

Allan

I'd say give the guy a chance. If he's prepared to pay the correct shipping then you can always tell him it will be an extra $5 or whatever to pay by Western Union to cover your time and costs to collect the payment. No Paypal fees either but significance of that depends on how much it was.

You can still allow a specific bidder to bid on the item if they ask. You just add their user ID to the bidder exception list and they can bid but others that don't meet the preference can't.

So if you exclude all non-US bidders on the auction item itself and user bidder preference to prevent any bidders from outside US bidding and then get a request and you agree to allow them to bid. You just add their eBay ID to bidder exceptions and they can bid.

Edited by kheffington

You can still allow a specific bidder to bid on the item if they ask. You just add their user ID to the bidder exception list and they can bid but others that don't meet the preference can't.

So if you exclude all non-US bidders on the auction item itself and user bidder preference to prevent any bidders from outside US bidding and then get a request and you agree to allow them to bid. You just add their eBay ID to bidder exceptions and they can bid.

Thanks. I'll do that from now on.

And thanks for everybody's input.

Allan