IGNORED

Project List

Master_Programmer

~~~~My list of Projects~~~~

1. High Priority

A. Metal Max 2 (16% overall)

B. Gunman: The legend begins(1% overall, 0% for the demo, Put on HOLD)

C. Earthbound 2600 (6%, Put on HOLD)

D. Megaman X 2600 (2%, Put on HOLD)

2. Medium Priority

A. Bug-fixing and improving Metal Max 2600 (50%-60% done, PUT ON HOLD)

3. Low priority

A. None so far.

4. ????

A. TOP SECRET GAME I mean.....no......there's nothing secret going on..... >_>

~~~~Current Programming Team(For "Gunman: The legend begins")~~~~

1. Main Programmers

A. Me

2. Main Artists/Sprite Designers

A. Me

3. Main Stage Designers

A. Me

4. Main Sound Programmers

A. Me

~~~~Current Programming Team(For METAL MAX 2)~~~~

1. Main Programmers

A. Me

A. Me

3. Main Stage Designers

A. Me

A. Nobody

~~~~Current Programming Team(For EARTHBOUND 2600)~~~~

1. Main Programmers

A. Me

A. Me

3. Main Stage Designers

A. Me

A. Nobody

Anybody can join the team, so long as they have some skills in at least one of those 4 areas.

Edited by Master_Programmer

That's an exciting looking list. I noticed you said in another thread that you're 15 years old. As someone who's been around since the Atari was introduced, (actually I was born the same year the 2600 was released), I'm very glad when I see the younger generation still enjoying it. :thumbsup:

I do have a few friendly words of advice though...

• Take it a step at a time & be patient - The really great games on here took (at least) months to develop, with the programmers taking ideas from the community, tweaking, testing, & repeating.
  • Don't be afraid or offended by criticism - Your projects can only get better when people share ideas for improvement.
  • Do whatever's necessary to keep yourself enjoying your work - You've planned some fun projects, but the work will be grueling at times. It's good that you can take a break from one to work on another for a bit, just don't get too distracted either.
  • Folks here have seen many come and go with a vast majority of projects remaining unfinished - Expect a little cynicism at times and use it as fuel to prove us wrong when it happens, rather than being offended.

You've made a great start and I hope you stay around a long time and have some great releases. Just know the road is rough and don't forget that criticism is your friend. Again, it will make your projects better. Welcome to the community. :)

Edited by KevinMos3

That's an exciting looking list. I noticed you said in another thread that you're 15 years old. As someone who's been around since the Atari was introduced, (actually I was born the same year the 2600 was released), I'm very glad when the younger generation still enjoys it. :thumbsup:

I do have a few friendly words of advice though...

• Take it a step at a time & be patient - The really great games on here took (at least) months to develop, with the programmers taking ideas from the community, tweaking, testing, & repeating.
  • Don't be afraid or offended by criticism - Your projects can only get better when people share ideas for improvement.
  • Do whatever's necessary to keep yourself enjoying your work - You've planned some fun projects, but the work will be grueling at times. It's good that you can take a break from one to work on another for a bit, just don't get too distracted either.
  • Folks here have seen many come and go with a vast majority of projects remaining unfinished - Expect a little cynicism at times and use it as fuel to prove us wrong when it happens, rather than being offended.

You've made a great start and I hope you stay around a long time and have some great releases. Just know the road is rough and don't forget that criticism is your friend. Again, it will make your projects better. :)

I know. :3

those are pretty much my programming morals right there....i just responded a bit snappy to the last guy, because he needs to learn to have some creativity, instead of being skeptical for no good reason. ^^

And as for the younger generation liking retro games, i've always been that way. :D

I grew up with an Nes, megaman 4, an snes, super mario world, and a sega genesis, with knuckles chaotix, and sonic 2. XD

i LOOOOOOOVE the older game systems, and i admire anyone who can make a true gem with those consoles, as it takes REAL skill to do so. :)

I have decided to have 1 team for each active project. :D

Oh, and updates will not happen very often for a while...i got a few games for my birthday, and i'm trying to beat them. XD

I got "The world ends with you", and Halo 3 ODST, and the "Super Mario All-Stars" for the Wii. :)

Those are nice sprites btw. :)

Thanks.

i've put earthbound 2600 on hold, until someone can fix the problem with the "playerscores" asm file, where it messes up with a size more than 4k.

as for The new project, 'Gunman', think of it as zelda, only a western shootout style. XD

i've almost got a working demo of Gunman too!

After my Destiny 2600 maze game stalled I tried to sort and organize which projects I wanted to take on. How do you decide what is high, medium and low priority? I suppose you could use:

1. "Wanna do" Factor (How pumped you feel about it)

2. "Can I do" Factor (How feasible is it?)

3. "You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake" Factor (Has it been done? How original is it?)

After my Destiny 2600 maze game stalled I tried to sort and organize which projects I wanted to take on. How do you decide what is high, medium and low priority? I suppose you could use:

1. "Wanna do" Factor (How pumped you feel about it)

2. "Can I do" Factor (How feasible is it?)

3. "You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake" Factor (Has it been done? How original is it?)

Nope.

my priority organization, factors in these factors, in this order.

1. "Can i make it?" Aka, did i run into a horrible problem i can't seem to overcome. If no, then check the next factors

2. "How close is it to completion?"

3. "Do other people think it's interesting?"

and lastly

4. "Does the game concept interest me?"

Well....the gunman project has come to a close.

i woke up, and logged on to my laptop today, to find this.

Unfortunately, when i lose huge amounts of progress like this, i tend to drop a project.

if anyone can take that file, and somehow, miraculously find a way to fix it, this project has about a 2% chance of survival

GUNMAN.bas

I've decided, i won't let a corrupt file kill the project......in fact, i'll use this opportunity, to make the game even better than my original plans.

Here's the original specs for the maps of the game:

World Map - 16x16 screens

Dungeons - 8x8 screens each

New specs, using "sdata" and "sread"

World Map - 32x32 screens

Dungeons - 16x16 screens each

In both designs, there were 5 dungeons.

but there were 2 dungeon maps for each dungeon.

the 1st was for what screens appear, and the 2nd was for objects.

Somebody recently mentioned that you could upload your latest projects to your blog (as a draft so only you can see it). Then if your computer crashes, you won't lose everything.

I have no blog. i don't want people to be able to find out what i'm doing, unless i post here.

also....ummmm.....do you know how i could make a minimap??......i kinda am in need of one.....

EDIT:

I need a minimap, and it doesn't matter if it takes up the whole screen or not, but i need it to support a 32x32 map.....kinda like the game 'London Blitz' if at all possible, but i'm not too picky......even a minimap like the game "defender" would be nice

Well.....sread doesn't do what i need....so i guess the world map is 16x16 again....dang...

Well, i guess the plan now, is

World map - 16x16 screens

Dungeons - 16x16 screens each

and there will be 7 dungeons.....

OH, and maybe a hard-mode world map

EDIT:

i've decided against 7 dungeons....gee wiz, will i ever make up my mind? XD

I have no blog. I don't want people to be able to find out what I'm doing, unless I post here.

As far as I know, every AtariAge member can have a blog:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/blogs/page__type__all

And if you've ever sent an e-mail, you probably know about saving a message as a draft. Blogs are similar. If you save a blog entry as a draft, only you can see it. It's not 'published.'

That's just one quick, cheap option. If you have something like a Yahoo e-mail account where the e-mails are kept on their servers, you could always ZIP up copies of your latest files and e-mail them to yourself. You could also save copies of your files to something like a USB flash drive or an SD card or an external hard drive.

I need a minimap, and it doesn't matter if it takes up the whole screen or not, but I need it to support a 32x32 map.....kinda like the game 'London Blitz' if at all possible, but I'm not too picky......even a minimap like the game "defender" would be nice.

Don't remember seeing one for a batari Basic game and I haven't needed one yet, so I haven't made one.

I have no blog. I don't want people to be able to find out what I'm doing, unless I post here.

As far as I know, every AtariAge member can have a blog:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/blogs/page__type__all

And if you've ever sent an e-mail, you probably know about saving a message as a draft. Blogs are similar. If you save a blog entry as a draft, only you can see it. It's not 'published.'

That's just one quick, cheap option. If you have something like a Yahoo e-mail account where the e-mails are kept on their servers, you could always ZIP up copies of your latest files and e-mail them to yourself. You could also save copies of your files to something like a USB flash drive or an SD card or an external hard drive.

I need a minimap, and it doesn't matter if it takes up the whole screen or not, but I need it to support a 32x32 map.....kinda like the game 'London Blitz' if at all possible, but I'm not too picky......even a minimap like the game "defender" would be nice.

Don't remember seeing one for a batari Basic game and I haven't needed one yet, so I haven't made one.

i would have made one myself.....but....i'm still kinda new to this.....so.....i have no clue how to even start something like that....i'd have to do more research into the commands i guess.....