IGNORED

Nintendo wins PS lawsuit??

Nukey Shay

I was lucky enough to see the original SNES/PSX proto-type at the CGExpo (was even allowed to take a few pictures of it) but it never occurred to me at the time that "Playstation" was anything other than a wholly owned Sony name. I had always assumed they came up with it after the relationship with Nintendo fell apart. Wow.

I actually still have the development documents for this SNES CD addon and it was called the PSX, that's why Sony didn't like consumers referring to the PlayStation as the PSX because the prototype they did for Nintendo was called that. Dunno about this story though, sounds a little weird.

Can some one gimmie pics to the SNES CD?? Proto??

Thankx

Here's the one I took at the Expo:http://www.RapReviews.com/cgexpo/snescd.jpg

Hehe, I still have one or two of those proto controllers, they actually used those on the first revision of the PlayStation development hardware (the one without a sound chip). :)

The pictured SNES/PlayStation adaptor was/is a dev system target device for the SNES CD add on. A few games were completed and I have 2 of them, I did not show them at CGE because the rights to the titles were never finalized and one is a Disney license.

The device is NOT my personal property BTW and is owned by my employer where it currently resides. Not unlike the original Stella prototype story, some quick thinking employee fished it out of the garbage and gave it to me for the archives. It was originally part of the Sony Imagesoft studios group.

The pictured SNES/PlayStation adaptor was/is a dev  

system target device for the SNES CD add on. A few games were completed and I have 2 of them, I did not show them at CGE because the rights to the titles were never finalized and one is a Disney license.  

The device is NOT my personal property BTW and is owned by my employer where it currently resides. Not unlike the original Stella prototype story, some quick thinking employee fished it out of the garbage and gave it to me for the archives. It was originally part of the Sony Imagesoft studios group.

Heh. For your own privacy Jerry, I wasn't mentioning that you were the one who showed it to me - but you've let the cat out of the bag now anyway so I'd like to say THANK YOU AGAIN for giving me the opportunity to see it, as well as the ORIGINAL Atari arcade game. :D

Computer Space is sweet!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok thats it Jerry.

I'm moving to CA and setting up camp next to the dumpster.

Adam